What kind of garment will I need after mommy makeover?

Whats the best garmet to wear after mommy makeover?

Compression garments are incredibly important during the healing process.

The importance of compression garments during the healing process cannot be understated. Compression garments not only help the body flush out excess fluids and reduce swelling, they can also dramatically improve your comfort after surgery. Each surgeon has their own preferences regarding which compression garments are best, and different types of garments may be necessary based on which procedures were included as part of your mommy makeover. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and diligently follow their post-op instructions for proper healing and the best results.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Mommy Makeover Garment

I know that the garments I use on patients in post-op healing will depend on the different procedures that are completed and the incisions that are used. If you have any concerns about the type of garment that your surgeon will be using, don't hesitate to contact him directly prior to surgery in order to make sure that you are comfortable with the way things will proceed. Good luck

Compression Garments

Each plastic surgeon has a preferred garment that they use.  I provide the garments to my patients and the garment would be a compression garment for the areas addressed in your particular Mommy Makeover.  Ask your plastic surgeon about their preferred garments.

Mommy make-over best garment?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Your surgeon should recommend a garment based on your size and your surgery.
  • Usually for a mommy make-over I like the combination of a jumpsuit and binder for my patients.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend reaching out to your surgeon's office to discuss the appropriate garment for you based on your anticipated mommy makeover procedures.

Mommy makeover garments

Each PS has a preference and I usually provide the garments to my patients.  Usually consists of a compression garment for the tummy and a sports like bra for the breasts.  Speak to your PS about them.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Best garment to wear after mommy makeover?

The answer to this question depends upon which of the mommy makeover procedures you are receiving, If you are receiving a tummy tuck, breast surgery, and multiple areas of liposuction, the garment utilized would need to provide compression on the tummy and all areas of liposuction. I prefer to not place significant compression on the breasts after surgery, but rather a specific type of bra instead. There are a number of very good compression garment brands and styles available. Your surgeon or the nurse should guide you thru this process and usually provide this for you.

Mommy Makeover - Compression Garments?

Thank you for your question regarding post-operative garment. The type of compression you need depends on which procedures you are having. Your plastic surgeon will take measurements and fit you for the appropriate post-op compression garment. I prefer the Marena brand, but your surgeon may have a different preference. Hope this helps!

Garments after surgery

Each doctor has her/his own preference of garments.  You should first speak to your doctor.  I have my patients were a supportive bra for 4-6 weeks and often have them wear an abdominal binder for tummy tucks or a compressive garment for liposuction.  Sometimes we will have patients purchase them from veronique and sometimes patients will opt to get spanx.  Speak to your doctor to see what she/he suggests.  Good luck with surgery!

Melissa Doft, MD