Could my TT drain have urine in it? (photo)

I am 5 days post op TT, BL w Implants, and Lipo. My tummy tuck drainage is mostly a yellowish color at this point and smells like urine to me! Is it possible that urine is going into my drain?

Dr derby

The colour of the fluid in your drain goes from dark red to pinkish to yellow ... this is very normal. It is important to mention this to your surgeon to see what is the next step in your post op process. Best of luck 

Mommy make-over drain - am I draining urine

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over drain.

• It is unlikely that you have urine in your drain but you must see your surgeon promptly if there is any doubt.
  • It is most likely serous (body fluid) drainage but it should not have the strong smell of urine. 
  • This cannot be taken care of on-line - please see your plastic surgeon. 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

See your surgeon

It is doubtful that you might have urine in your drains. Please see your surgeon regarding your concerns. 

Could my TT drain have urine in it?

Always best to follow up with your plastic surgeon for accurate assessment, advice, and meaningfully assurance. Most likely, the yellow color of the drainage is quite normal (serum).  Best wishes.

Could my TT drain have urine in it?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Given sufficient time your surgical drainage will change from a bright red, to a dark red, to a light red, and eventually yellow color. Hang in there and maintain close follow up with your surgeon as they can provide you with added reassurance.  Hope this helps. 

Urine?

The color of this fluid from your #tummytuck drain is normal.  No worries.  However, if it truly smells like urine, you need to contact your #boardcertified plastic surgeon immediately to make sure.  Seeing your surgeon in person is the best idea.