How can I get rid of scar tissue in my lip? (photos)

As a child I had a very bad habit of sucking my bottom lip. I continued the habit for about 13 years. As a result I have permanent swelling on one side of my bottom lip. The swelling has caused a very asymmetrical appearance, especially during speech. I was wondering if there were any procedures that would give me a more symmetrical look. If so, what would this procedure be called and what would be the estimated price? Very desperate!

Scar Tissue on Lips -- 5fu/steroids, Laser, Surgery

I suggest seeing an expert to determine what is best, this can be improved with a combination of approaches.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Asymmetric lower lip

I think it is best/easiest to bring the less swollen side to the same as the other using filler. Restylane or Juvederm is good for this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Asymmetry and Correction NYC

The best way to adjust this asymmetry would be to inject a small amount of filler in the "follow" of the lip. Restylane and Juvederm would do very well for this advanced injector technique.  Best, Dr. Green