Residual fat around belly after full TT with muscle repair & lipo. Any other non surgical options to remove this fat? (Photos)

I got a TT with muscle repair 6 months ago. Doctor said he also performed lipo on my belly as well As of today six months after the procedure I get this swelling appearance , doctor said he was not agresive on my lipo due to the tummy tuck at the same time . He thinks it might still be swelling but if fat still present he wants to correct it with more lipo. I refused to go thru more pain. Are there any other options to remove that fat besides lipo , non surgical ones ?

You appear to have a very satisfactory result. You may still get improvement of the fullness around the belly button with time. But if it is persistent, then I would recommend a small lipo in the area. This is not like your TT in terms of extent of surgery, pain as well as recuperation. You  should be able to return to non-strenuous work the day after surgery. another option may be non-invasive. And here I'm talking about the latest Fat reducing tretament  called SculpSure. Good luck!

TT

Thank you for your question and pictures.  I actually think that you have a very nice result and don't really see all this fat that you are concerned with.  That said, you a probably right that you shouldn't do any more surgery.  With the results that you have, a little gym and workout will give you a perfect abs and result.

Not to mention tat there might be still some residual swelling especially of the upper abdomen.  Are you flatter in the mornings and then puff out as the day progresses?  If so this is normal an will eventually stop happening.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck result

For starters, you have a nice result.  The upper abdomen may be tweakable after a year with more liposuction. That is honestly a better option than non-invasive options as the surgeon will have more control over what is removed.  If you are adamant about avoiding more surgery, BodyFX (radio frequency device) can melt small amounts of fat and tighten the skin.  Coolsculpting is a second option.  Ask your surgeon for his opinions on that.

Residual swelling

Even at 6 months you can have some residual swelling. Best to give it more time before considering more surgery.

Swelling afte tummy tuck 6 months prior

It is hard to know which photos are your final result. If the photo of you standing by the pool is your final result you appear to have an excellent result. In general I recommend patients wait a full year after liposuction and tummy tuck before revision unless there is a major concern. And yes one can't be as aggressive when doing liposuction and tummy tuck at the same time. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

No pre-op photos

regardless of how thin you are, everyone has a "belly" in that sitting bent over position, so don't focus on that picture. In your pictures of you standing it appears you achieved a good result, yes he/she may have been able to do some more liposuction to the upper mid abdomen, but this area comes at the highest risk for skin necrosis and wound breakdown, so it is always a game time decision as to how things look intra op. Best option at this point is lipo, realize you and every patient still needs some fat between the muscle/abd wall and the skin, it cannot ALL be removed. Non surgical options like coolscultiping don't work well and are costly for mild/minimum results at best. 

Residual fat after tummy tuck

Your results look very nice. If you are wanting more contouring, Trusculpt and cool sculpt can be done with little discomfort and permanent improvement. More aggressive results are going to be found w more traditional Lipo and will be uncomfortable but not as much as your original tummy tuck. Good luck!

Tripti Burt, MD
Plainfield Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical removal of belly fat

Yes there are non surgical techniques for removing some of your residual abdominal fat.  These use either fat freezing, or heating .  Ask you plastic surgeon about this.  He may have one of these machines.  However, I agree with him that a secondary liposuction, now that you are healed would be a betgter option, accomplished in one session.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon