Is Adderall okay before surgery?

I'm freaking out. I completely forgot and remembered right after I took it that I'm not suppose to take any medication but Tylenol and my birth control pills. I took adderall today to focus on my school work because I have finals. I don't take it regularly only when needed. Does this affect my surgery which is this Friday?!?

Adderall OK with Surgery

Adderall should not be a problem with your surgery. Please however let your anesthesiologist and surgeon aware of all medcines you may be taking.

Adderall is not a contraindication

Adderall is not a contraindication to a surgery but you should disclose this information to your surgeon so that he/she is aware of it and the underlying condition for which you are taking this medication

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Adderall and Surgery

Adderall is OK before surgery, however inform your physician just in case.
Typically we want patient to avoid any medication or supplement that can increase the risk of bleeding during or after surgery.
Good luck!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Is Adderall okay before surgery?

You should be fine. You need to advise your surgeon and anesthesiologist prior to the surgery. Good luck

Adderall before surgery.

This is a question is best answered by the anesthesiologist that will providing your care and your plastic surgeon. If you've already taken it and is nothing you can do about this dose. 

Adderall

I don't think you have anything to worry about, but clear this with your Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Adderall

I wouldn't have an issue here, but the only one whose opinion counts is your own surgeon.  Call over there to find out.

Good luck, best wishes.

No need to stop

There are multiple reports in the literature of patients treated with amphetamines undergoing procedures under general anesthesia without complications.  However it is always best to run this by the anesthesiologist doing your case.  Inform your surgeon so he can inform the anesthesia provider.  

Adderall prior to surgery

In my practice I would have no problem performing surgery if patient has taken adderall preoperatively but it's best to check with your own surgeon since he/she is responsible for your care.

Is Adderall okay before surgery?

You really need to ask your surgeon if OK with this.... Personally OK with me in my practice, but we are NOT your chosen surgeons... Good Luck.