19 days post op. Do they look ok? (Photo)

I'm 19 days post op. I have subpectoral 330cc saline implants 330cc on left and 360cc on right. I don't know if they look ok or not. One looks bigger than the other one and more round. Do they look ok? Is it Normal that they look so different?

Assymetry

The left is bigger and since you are only 19 days give it some more time.This may correct itself gradually over the next several weeks.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and pictures. While you do appear to have some breast asymmetry, at only 19 days post surgery, it is too early to judge the final result which will be more apparent in a few months. As my colleagues have noted, it isn't unusual to have breast size differ due to swelling and implant settling post-surgery. Share your concerns with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Karen Singer, MD

Healing time breast augmentation

You appear to be healing well. The final result after breast augmentation can take several months, likely 3-6 months. I recommend expressing any concerns to your surgeon. 

Regards,

Manish Champaneria, MD

19 days post op. Do they look ok?

Hi.. thank you for the question and photos... For 19 days you are doing just fine... everything seems to be healing ok.  

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Normal healing process

It is common for there to be some asymmetry in the early post-operative period. You started with asymmetry, as the reason for the different size implants, it will probably take several months for your implants to fully settle in and to be able to judge how close they are in final appearance. At this point, everything appears to be within normal range. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

William S. Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Final Result

You appear to be healing well.  It is not uncommon to have asymmetry for a few weeks due to swelling and differences in the "tightness" of the pockets under your muscle.  I tell my patients is can take 3-4 months to see your final result.  Over this time period, the tissues will stretch due to the pressure from the implants and the swelling will resolve.  After a breast augmentation, the implants seem to be high and she shape of the breast can be unusual due to the tightness of the tissues in the lower pole of the breast.  As you heal, these tissues will stretch and the implant will "settle" into its proper position and the shape will round out.  The tighter your pocket, the longer it usually takes for this to occur.

Julian Gordon, MD

Breast augmentation

• Hello, and thank you for your question. Based on your photos it does appear that you are progressing quite nicely. You do have some minor asymmetry but I would suspect that this will continue to correct with time. Continue to followup with your treating surgeon. Rest of luck with your continued recovery.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thanks for your question. Everything seems to be moving along nicely. Remember that the final result of a breast augmentation is normally apparent 3 months post-operation. 

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast Asymmetry

There is a noticeable asymmetry due to the different implant sizes.  Some of the difference may be secondary to postop swelling so waiting a few more weeks may be in order.  If the asymmetry persists it may be necessary to change the implant fill for a better match. 

19 days post op. Do they look ok?

At 19 days post op you seem to be healing well. Typically it takes 6 weeks for implants to settle and swelling to subside. Continue to follow up with your chosen surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD