Extended or circular tummy tuck? What are the pros and cons in each? (Photo)

It was suggested that I have a ctt, but that the final decision is up to me. I have only seen patients with major weight loss have this kind of surgery. It was explained that the ctt will smooth out my back more and lift my butt. I want my waist Lipo d but not concerned abt the fat on my back because I'm 15-20 pds over my normal weight in preparation for fat transfer to my butt. Please tell me your opinion and the pros and cons in each as you see it applies to me. Thanks

Extended or circular tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. In my opinion you would benefit from a standard abdominoplasty with liposuction of the flanks. You don't have any significant excess skin on your back. The bbl will add volume and shape to your buttocks. Hope this helps.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Extended or circular tummy tuck?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Hi

Hello and thank you for your question.you  need a standard abdominoplasty with  front and flanks liposuction. and maybe use that fat for buttocks

Hi

Extended or circumferential tummy tuck?

Hello and thank you for your question. In your case I would not even do an extended tummy tuck because you are getting a bbl.
Circumferential tummy tucks are done to lift a sagging buttock  (which the bbl will do to a certain extent.  Extended tummy tuck is done because of extreme abdominal skin excess which requires a longer incisiod (hence extended) than normal to prevent dog ear formation.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

Extended or circumferential tummy tuck?

Peter Fisher M.D. 

PROS AND CONS OF EXTENDED OR CICULAR TUMMY TUCK

The main issues against the 360 degree tuck are not as much the scar along the buttocks which is not as good as the scar along the tummy line, but it is the length of surgery, cost, and recovery which is a bit longer than a standard tuck.  We can classify tummy tucks into standard or low cut, extended (270 degrees), or complete (360 degrees).  You are young and are best suited for an extended tuck which will straightens the arch of the lower back, and tightens the abdomen so your tummy is not thrown forward as in the side view. The love handles that extend all the way to the back, can be treated with liposuction during the tucking procedure.  For a major lower body lifting then a 360 tuck is considered.  The weight loss patient as you said needs a further uplifting of the lower body in a 360 manner and that is a considerable operation.  A 360 tummy tuck, however, by itself is just time intensive and the backside scar is a bit more sore than the tummy tuck front scar in some patients.

Donn Hickman, MD

Donn Hickman, MD

Tummy Tuck

It is my pleasure to answer your question. I recommend you to have a standard Tummy Tuck surgical procedure.

Aramis Vega, MD

Tummy Tuck

Aramis Vega, MD

Extended or circular tummy tuck?

From your photos, I don't believe you need a circular (circumferential) body lift.   A standard (full) or extended tummy tuck should give you a very nice result.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore.

Extended or circular tummy tuck?

Extended or Circular Tummy Tuck

Based on your photos and your plans for a BBL, I would recommend a full (standard) abdominoplasty with liposuction of your flanks and abdomen.This should give you the volume you need for the BBL. I don't think the incision across the lower back for the circumferential tummy tuck is necessary to achieve a more youthful appearance.

Extended or Circular Tummy Tuck

Tummy Tuck - Circular or extended

I our practice, from what I can see on your photos, I would consider combining brazilian butt lift surgery and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  I think that would address both concerns yet minimize the length of the scar.  Best Wishes!!

Tummy Tuck - Circular or extended

Extended or circular tummy tuck? What are the pros and cons in each?

Thanks for the photos included with your question. I do not see anything in your photos that would make me think you need anything more than the standard TT.