Should I be worried about this mole on my butt checks? (photos)

I have a mole on my butt cheeks that has just appeared. I noticed it probably 1 1/2 years ago. It was suddenly just there and this big. I know it wasn't there before because I have old baby pics that indicate it wasn't there. The mole is about has big as my pointer finger nail-with nails clipped. Should I have this biopsied or is it just a weird benign mole?

Worried about mole?

I have a simple rule: If you have a mole that you are worried about, you should consult a board certified doctor who has a specialist interest in these conditions. Good luck and don't delay your consult.

When in Doubt, get a consultation--Mole removal: lasers, radiowave, shave

You need an in person evaluation. Moles can be improved with lasers, radiowave and shave. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Concerning mole

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to evaluate your lesion through photographs and to give a diagnosis. In my opinion, any changing or worrisome lesions on the skin should be evaluated by a dermatologist, who can look at the growths with an instrument called a dermatoscope. This scope allows the physician to look at the lesion under higher magnification for any abnormalities, and if any irregularities are present, then a biopsy should be performed. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to evaluate have your lesion evaluated. Take care and good luck. 

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD