Is the site of my mole removal healing properly? (photos)

I had a mole shaved off my lower leg on 10/11/16. This is my first removal and I'm concerned about how it looks. No pain and the site is dry but it is getting progressively darker

Knowing What's Normal with Mole Removal--Follow Up With Your Doctor

A small, central area of hyperpigmentation is common after a shave excision. This is because the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. If the biopsy results show it to be cancerous or pre-cancerous then a second step, a complete excision is necessary to ensure its complete removal. Follow up with your Dr. Best, Dr. Emer

Mole shaved

Your mole looks totally normal. A cauterizing agent such as silver nitrate or aluminum chloride is usually used to help stop the bleeding this can cause this discoloration. 

No worries, it will get better!

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician