Can you smoke after a root canal with temporary fill?

can I smoke a cigarette after a root canal with a temporary filler he put medication and a filler in but is doing the crown next week.

Smoking and your dental health...#DrSoftTouch

Smoking can make it harder for you to heal after your procedure, not to mention it harms your body in many ways. While smoking may not interfere with the prognosis of that specific tooth at this time, it increases your risk of gum disease and tooth loss. Quitting smoking will improve not only your dental health but your health overall. It is never too late to quit. I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.