i had my first Kybella injections 6 days ago. How long until my neck stops jiggling?

I had my Kybella injection 6 days ago. How long until my neck stops jiggling?

Thank you for sharing your question.  The excess swelling that develops after injection typically lasts for a few weeks before the skin of the chin region starts to tighten.  Hope this helps.

Kybella

Hello Rejohnson,

The "jiggling" can last usually 1-3 weeks, each patient is different. You are feeling the destroyed fat cells, which will then harden and your body will break those destroyed cells down and absorb them. Be patient you will love the results! Hope this helps.

Kybella Side Effects

Hello and thank you for posting your question! You should expect to experience swelling and redness. Bruising, pain, numbness, tingling, and induration may occur and normally lasts

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Kybella and Side Effects

It is normal to have some swelling after Kybella and it can last a few days to a week.  Some patients also develop nodules from the treatment.  All of these side effects go away but can be annoying. If you are concerned you should return to your treating physician for examination.   I often combine other modalities of treatment such as Thermage for skin tightening to have the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella

Hello, and thanks for your question. This sensation can last up to 3-4 weeks in my experience, but usually resolves a bit earlier. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella results

Honestly, it depends on a number of factors including the amount of fat you had to begin with, the overall health of your skin, the aggressiveness of the the treatment including number of vials used and number of injection points, and individual variability in healing. Most patients experience heavy swelling for the first few days after the procedure but this swelling starts improving after day 3. Some mild swelling can be seen up to 4-6 weeks post procedure. Patients also report lumpiness in the submental (below chin) region after treatment and this is due to the inflammation caused by Kybella. That two resolves after a few weeks. What you are describing seems completely normal post procedure. Hang in there and give it some time. It will resolve. 

Post Kybella/Jiggling--VASER Lipo, ThermiRF, Thermage/Ultherapy, Fillers like Radiesse/Sculptra

Kybella results can take up to at least 1-2 weeks. It may take a combination to effectively deal with sagging loose skin on the neck.  Non invasive options like vaser/thermiRF combination, thermage/ultherapy, and fillers can help.  Please see an expert for evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling after Kybella

Thank you for your question rejohnson. Kybella is the first and thus far only FDA approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. Many patients experience swelling for 1-2 weeks after a treatment. Some people describe it as a bullfrog or pelican look and some say it feels like jello. This means the treatment is working. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Kybella and symptom resolution

Hello rejohnson,

Thank you for your question. Depending on how many vials of Kybella were used which is indicative of the size and scope of the fat pad being treated this can last up to two weeks or so. Rest assured this is not abnormal (unsightly yes potentially) and will continue to resolve itself without need for additional intervention. For comfort I recommend ice and mild anti-inflammatory meds such as ibuprofen, naproxen or acetaminophen. It is also wise to have a discussion with your treating professional prior to treatments any events or scheduled events (social/work) you may have in the next one to two weeks where you would be uncomfortable with the "jiggling" or swollen nature of the area. Best wishes. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville OB/GYN

Neck Jiggle After Kybella

Thank you for your question - the short answer is, it depends. For each person, the amount of swelling and neck jiggling is different. For some it lasts only a couple of days, for other it can be up to 2 weeks. This is all dependent upon the amount of pre-exisiting fat that is in your neck, the amount of product injected, and the number of injection sites. The good news is, it will eventually go down - things that you can do to help are to sleep slightly elevated to promote venous drainage. Otherwise, it's really about patience (unfortunately)! For the overwhelming majority of patients, the subsequent treatments are not nearly as bad - yes, there is swelling, but typically it doesn't last nearly as long (between 2-4 days). Best of luck!