i had my first Kybella injections 6 days ago. How long until my neck stops jiggling?

Post op Jiggling

The post op jiggling is due to swelling which typically subsides within 2 weeks. Every patient is different. For now, be patient. It will resolve itself with time. 

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Kybella

Swelling after Kybella treatment is normal and should go down in 2-3 weeks. The most common side effects are bruising, redness and numbness in the treated area. This should go away in some time. If you have any other concerns I suggest contacting your treating physician.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Great question! Swelling typically occurs one to two days after treatment with Kybella, and can last up to 1-2 weeks. The most commonly reported side effects are bruising, redness of the area and numbness, all of which subside spontaneously in a short period of time. Since it has only been 6 days following your injection I encourage you to allow some more time to pass before you are able to see your Kybella results. Good luck! 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for the double chin reduces fat but there is swelling in my NYC patients that "jiggles" for a couple of weeks

Kybella works well for fat reduction in the neck. Most people get the "Jello" effect I call it, the jiggles, from the temporary swelling. Although the swelling lasts for 3- 4 weeks for many patients, and is less each week, the jello shaking often is gone by the end of the first week, or second for some. 

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after Kybella

Hi and thanks for the question.

The majority of the swelling typically resides after a couple weeks. Be patient for now. I am confident you will love the results long-term. 

Best of luck, Dr. Vallecillos 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Kybella results

Thanks for your question. 6 days is still very soon to see final results. Allow a couple of more weeks for the swelling to go down and fat cells to be destroyed before the results begin to show. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

I had my Kybella injection 6 days ago. How long until my neck stops jiggling?

Thank you for sharing your question.  The excess swelling that develops after injection typically lasts for a few weeks before the skin of the chin region starts to tighten.  Hope this helps.

Hello Rejohnson,

The "jiggling" can last usually 1-3 weeks, each patient is different. You are feeling the destroyed fat cells, which will then harden and your body will break those destroyed cells down and absorb them. Be patient you will love the results! Hope this helps.

Kybella Side Effects

Hello and thank you for posting your question! You should expect to experience swelling and redness. Bruising, pain, numbness, tingling, and induration may occur and normally lasts

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Kybella and Side Effects

It is normal to have some swelling after Kybella and it can last a few days to a week.  Some patients also develop nodules from the treatment.  All of these side effects go away but can be annoying. If you are concerned you should return to your treating physician for examination.   I often combine other modalities of treatment such as Thermage for skin tightening to have the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green