Massaging Lip After Juvederm Injection

I had 3 injections of Juvederm over 3 weeks and finally have the results I want, except for a couple of bumps on the upper lip. Can I massage them out and/or reshape them? If so, when can I start?

Massage after lip augmentation

I recommend that you do not massage the filler as you do not want to press too hard and/or move the filler into the wrong place. Lumps and bumps usually resolve on their own, once the filler starts to get incorporated with your own skin tissue. It would be best if you book a follow up appointment with your injector in 1-2 weeks, and he/she can massage any residual lumps or bumps at that time.

Juvederm injections to the lips - Los Angeles

Start immediately to massage the lips to avoid any uneven areas. Juvederm lip augmentation is an excellent option to contour lips. I perform these very often with amazing results. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Massaging Lip After Juvederm Injection

Many experienced and expert injectors prefer that you not massage or reshape the treated area without discussing with them first. The injector can then guide you on the appropriate massage or request that you come in so he/she can do the massage.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Filler bumps in upper lip

Bumps in the upper lip after filler injections usually can be rubbed out during the initial post -treatment phase. This time frame varies, but is usually for only the first few days after treatment. You may want to check with your doctor. Sometimes, Vitrase or Wydase can be used to melt some of it.

Lips lips and more lips

I do prefer my patients to massage the lips in the early stages to smooth out any bumps. I would check with your surgeon though as some vary by this. 

I am glad you are happy. Nothing better than nice full lips!

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip enhancement

If you have questions or concerns, it is recommended that you contact your provider as soon as possible! I have significant experience working with lip enhancers and they are a safe and effective treatment when applied by a trained professional. While it takes about 2 days for the swelling to go down, the results are long-lasting. Most clients need 1-2 syringes for a dramatic effect, but some require more. This depends on the amount of product you need to achieve your desired lip volume.  Lip augmentation requires a great deal of precision and skill and can really alter the balance of your face when done poorly. Best of luck!

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Massage for the lips

Yes -   you can try some light massage with aquaphor - if it persists see your doctor in further consultation.

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Massaging of Lips After Juvederm Injection

I would not recommend you messaging your lips after injection.  I would book appointment to see your physician within 1-2 weeks if not sooner.  All the best.

Praven Chetty, MD
Kelowna Physician

Massage after Juvederm Injection

If placed well Juvederm will settile very nicely with normal use of the mouth.  Thus any asymetries usually will correct over the first week or two. Massaging lips after Juvederm is only beneficial in the first 48 hours. If the bumps are visible or bothersome you may want to return to your physician and discuss your concerns. We see our clients a two weeks to address any of these concerns.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps in Upper Lip After Juvederm

Hi,

Massaging bumps in the lip after Juvederm placement is best used within the first 1-2 days after your injection.  During this time period, you can often smooth out small bumps and spread them evenly in your lips.  If they persist past this period, you may want to show them to your doctor and see if they would benefit from a small amount of hyaluronidase to dissolve them.

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon