Massaging Lip After Juvederm Injection

I had 3 injections of Juvederm over 3 weeks and finally have the results I want, except for a couple of bumps on the upper lip. Can I massage them out and/or reshape them? If so, when can I start?

Juvederm injections to the lips - Los Angeles

Start immediately to massage the lips to avoid any uneven areas. Juvederm lip augmentation is an excellent option to contour lips. I perform these very often with amazing results. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Massage after lip augmentation

I recommend that you do not massage the filler as you do not want to press too hard and/or move the filler into the wrong place. Lumps and bumps usually resolve on their own, once the filler starts to get incorporated with your own skin tissue. It would be best if you book a follow up appointment with your injector in 1-2 weeks, and he/she can massage any residual lumps or bumps at that time.

Massaging Lip After Juvederm Injection

Many experienced and expert injectors prefer that you not massage or reshape the treated area without discussing with them first. The injector can then guide you on the appropriate massage or request that you come in so he/she can do the massage.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Filler bumps in upper lip

Bumps in the upper lip after filler injections usually can be rubbed out during the initial post -treatment phase. This time frame varies, but is usually for only the first few days after treatment. You may want to check with your doctor. Sometimes, Vitrase or Wydase can be used to melt some of it.

Massage for the lips

Yes -   you can try some light massage with aquaphor - if it persists see your doctor in further consultation.

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Massaging of Lips After Juvederm Injection

I would not recommend you messaging your lips after injection.  I would book appointment to see your physician within 1-2 weeks if not sooner.  All the best.

Massage after Juvederm Injection

If placed well Juvederm will settile very nicely with normal use of the mouth.  Thus any asymetries usually will correct over the first week or two. Massaging lips after Juvederm is only beneficial in the first 48 hours. If the bumps are visible or bothersome you may want to return to your physician and discuss your concerns. We see our clients a two weeks to address any of these concerns.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps in Upper Lip After Juvederm

Hi,

Massaging bumps in the lip after Juvederm placement is best used within the first 1-2 days after your injection.  During this time period, you can often smooth out small bumps and spread them evenly in your lips.  If they persist past this period, you may want to show them to your doctor and see if they would benefit from a small amount of hyaluronidase to dissolve them.

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Massaging the lips

after filler injection of any kind it is beneficial to gently massage the lips. This is because anatomically the lips tend to compartmentalize tissue and injected material. This could lead to a lumpy appearence which gentle massaging can help avoid

Massage after Lip augmentation

Massage should begin early, typically within the first 48 hours.  Many of the small lumps you may feel will likely even out over the next few weeks.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon