Can I get a a tummy tuck with fat transfer to my hips only? (Photo)

I'm interested in getting a tummy tuck with muscle repair. I have 3" gap currently. I would also like to get fat transfer to my hips only. Do I have enough fat to get this? Also, in what position do patients sleep during recovery if they can't sleep on their stomach or sides?

Can I get a a tummy tuck with fat transfer to my hips only?

Those two procedures are a great combination for the right person and your photos suggest that you are a good candidate from a physical standpoint.

Seek a plastic surgeon who has experience in body contouring and with whom you feel comfortable and confident. 

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

GreetingsThank you for your answer and photo, you are a good candidate for Full abdominalplaasty and you will get very good results however with fat transfer to your hips the photo is not clear enough to see the amount of fat that you have. You can post another photo showing your back and side for evaluation.

Tummy tucks can be done with fat grafting to the buttocks and hips

It appears as though you're a great candidate for the tummy tuck, but as far as fat grafting goes you'll most likely get some increase in hip size, but not a ton.  This is because it looks like you don't have a ton of fat for the procedure, but I would need to evaluate your back to see if I could get enough fat from those areas.  I have done both of these procedures before, and I had my patients lie on their backs in a beach chair position for optimal healing and comfort.

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Fat injection to hips

From your photos you look rather slim and unless you have some fat in you love handles on the back there does not seem to be any fat to suck out for a transfer! If you do have fat it can be placed in your hips. Sleeping would be on your tummy or back as long as you keep moving so there is not prolonged pressure on one area.

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

You will benefit from a full Tummy Tuck & Fat Transfer to hips

Hi. Yes. You will benefit from a full tummy tuck. Fat for the transfer can be accessed from anywhere in your body. From your pics, I am sure we have enough of it to draw from. Send me the side profiles of your hip as well to advice further. 

TT with fat transfer to hips

While it is possible to do a tummy tuck with fat transfer to the hips at the same time, based on your picture I think it would be challenging to get enough fat to make fat transfer to the hips worthwhile.

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Fat grafting to hips

Thank you for your question and photo. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and thighs. Fat harvested from liposuction can be grafted to your hips if you desire. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy tuck with lipo, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

A TT with fat transfer to the hips can be performed simultaneously if you have enough donor fat. I believe fat in your case can probably be harvested form the waist and inner thighs. I often perform a TT along with a BBL with or without fat transfer to the hips. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience in performing fat transfer to the buttocks/ hips.

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy Tuck and Fat Grafting to Buttocks......?

You look like a great candidate for a Tummy Tuck.   Fat grafting may also be possible if you have a reasonable amount of fat to donate to your hips.  You do not appear to have much in your abdomen, but possibly your waistline and flank/love handle area.  Fat can be taken from just about anywhere else that you want it removed from as well.    This would definitely enhance your figure even more!