Nose filler options?

Earlier this year I got Juvederm Voluma fillers injected into my nose which is "hooked" shaped. The filler changed it completely and I was very happy with the results. However, the filler decreased rapidly and now it is almost completely gone only 6 months later. Online it said that Voluma lasts up to 2 years. I am considering getting another filler but I want to make sure I don't waste my money again. What is the best long lasting filler? And how do I prevent it from disappearing too fast?

Filler in the nose

Fillers can be used off-label very successfully to improve the shape of the nose.  We generally recommend a hyaluronic acid product in this location(off label) because of its safety and ability to be reversed.  Radiesse can be a higher risk, because there is no quick way to reverse it if there is a problem.  The risk with hyaluronic acid products is minimal.  I am not sure why your Juvederm Voluma treatment only lasted 6 months.  Our patients are often very satisfied with this type of treatment and results can last for years.  

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Nose filler

Thanks for your question. The longevity of fillers varies from person to person based their physiology, movement, and their aesthetic eye. Voluma is certainly a good choice as it is one of the longer lasting fillers. Other options are available. You may be the person who needs to come in every 6-9 months for a touch up. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

There is not best filler

There is not best filler - for noses, the best most economical way to go is with a surgical rhinoplasty. One operation and it will last you forever --- the filler probably cost you about $800 == twice a year --- in a few y ears you have paid more than a rhinoplasty. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Fillers and

Great question.  How long a filler will last is in part related to the filler and in part related to the physiology of the person.  Sometime the second time around a filler will last longer.  The hyaluronic acid fillers such as juviderm (voluma) and resytlane  (Lift) are great for non-surgical nose jobs.  I often start with Juviderm Ultra and see how things go.  There are longer lasting fillers but they also come with higher chances of complications.  You may also want to consider a surgical rhinoplasty for permanent results.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD