I have a dimple on top of my noise. It looks like a butt. Can I get fillers to make it look better? Will I need surgery? (Photo)

Nasal fillers vs surgery

Your photos suggest hypertrophy or overgrowth of the lower lateral cartilages, which are horseshoe-shaped cartilages making up the tip of the nose.  The depression concerning you sits just above them, and is made more pronounced by this cartilage overgrowth.  While nasal surgery/ rhinoplasty is best to correct this overgrowth and reshape and narrow the nasal tip, the depression can certainly be addressed with a bit of injectable filler.  My preference would be a relatively firm, dissolvable filler such as Restylane or Voluma.  Please seek out a physician well-versed in nasal filler injections and their associated complications, as this this an area that can definitely have filler-associated problems.  Best of luck!

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm

I find that nasal surgery does best to treat this, its the shape of your cartilage on your nose.  Fillers can be used to hide this but there is a higher risk of occlusion to vessels in this area that can lead to permanent scarring if not done properly.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Butt dimple on nose

Thank you for your photos. You have a noticeable depression in the space between the two cartilages that come together to make the tip of your nose. This can be filled in non-surgically with a filler such as VOLUMA. It is important that your plastic surgeon is not too aggressive in that area as there is a risk of tissue ischemia (lack of oxygen) if too much filler is placed . Another option is to place a small cartilage graft into that area to support the skin upwards and cover the defect. Although this is considered surgical, it is not as extensive as a full rhinoplasty surgery. It is best to see a physician for an in-person examination and the safest and most effective treatment options for your anatomy. Hope this helps!!
Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Surgical rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip

A surgical rhinoplasty is required to reduce the bulbous tip cartilages in addition to filling in the cleft between the two lower lateral cartilages. Suture techniques, a conservative cartilage removal, and possible cartilage grafting will help make the nose look more refined. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Nose

Hi there, you can get a filler called Voluma, which is FDA indicated to last up to 2 years. It would be a nice non-surgical option and you would probably just need 1ml based on your pictures. At our practice that's $799. It's a nice preview of how a nose job may look as well if you eventually do decide to get surgery. All the best.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Nasal Tip Concerns

Thanks for your post and photos. You have a slight indentation caused by a bifid tip cartilage shape, which is very common. A safe injection may offer you some temporary improvement, however, the benefit will naturally disappear and have to be repeated every 4-6 months to maintain. Additionally, injections can be associated with some skin side effects and even skin loss for some. Surgical options include rhinoplasty. An open approach procedure can be performed to offer you lasting, permanent benefit in an experienced surgeon's hands. Consider an in-person consultation with a reputable rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss your best options. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon