Is over $900 for lip fillers too much? (1 syringe)

Hey docs! I recently booked an appointment to get my lips injected with Juvederm. I've done a ton of research on this of course and I expected the cost to be at about $500-600. Is $900+ outrageous, or normal? This is my face we're talking about, so I don't mind spending extra, but please let me know if there is a chance that I'm just getting duped.

Expensive lip filler

Hi Healthy, I typically charge around $600 for a syringe of Juvederm. $900 seems a bit steep to me. Some of the factors to consider in pricing a syringe of filler include region of the country that you are in, experience of the injector, and the product that is being injected. 

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear healthyishappy, In my preactice in Newport beach the average price for one syringe of fillers is approximately $600.00. This will vary from area to area however the $900.00 fee for one syringe does seem a bit higher then the average for Manhattan. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Cost of Juvederm for lips

This is on the  high side.   Possibly your doctor is using Voluma for you lips.    Voluma is not actually recommended for lips but I think it may be good for the right person.   Your lips will feel a little stiff but still relatively natural.   Voluma runs 900 to 1200 per cc.   Could be.   My Best,   Dr Commons

Cost of Juvederm Syringe

Thank you for your question.  There is definitely a geographic component to pricing.  I would say that for an expert physician injector that you feel comfortable with in Manhattan, $900 is on the high-end, but probably reasonable.  Prices in the Boston area are slightly lower, closer to $600-$700/syringe.  As you alluded to in your question, probably the most important considerations are the skill, experience and training of the injector, as well as your confidence level in achieving the result that you desire.  Best of luck!

How much is Juvederm for lips?

Dear healthyishappy:

The cost quoted to you is on the high end of the range for Manhattan. It is important that lip injections are performed by an advanced injector with many years of experience and an in-depth understanding of facial anatomy and aesthetics. Lip volume should be in proportion to other facial features for the best results, and  many advanced injectors will consider your facial proportions, perhaps applying the phi ratio and looking at old prior photographs of your face to decide how to tailor the treatment to your expectations. If you trust your doctor and feel he or she understands what you are looking for and how best to achieve it, price should not be the determining factor. Having said that, you might wish to have a consultation with another highly-rated dermatologist or plastic surgeon who charges a little less for the sake of comparison.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Cost

Prices for Juvederm injection can vary based on location and simply the expertice of the injector.  The best results will come from a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist

Is over $900 for lip fillers too much?

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately prices for similar products will vary based on geography as well as by who performs the procedure.  In the larger markets - Miami, Manhattan, LA - prices will be higher than others and 900 may well be within the range of normal.  You can verify by seeing a number of board certified plastic surgeons in your area to have a better idea as to the costs in your immediate area.  I am attaching a link below that should help you find additional physicians for second opinions. Hope this helps.

Lip Filler Cost

The cost varies by geographical location and Manhattan will be more expensive than some other areas. Assuming you are talking about 1.0 mL and regular juvederm (there are a few different kinds), $900 is upper end of the price range but possible, for Manhattan. In Fairfield county CT many fillers are 700-900/syringe, similarly to the city. 

Flora Levin, MD FACS
Westport Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cost of lip fillers

Cost of any plastic surgical procedure will vary based on geography. Manhattan will yield some of the highest prices. Traveling a short distance out of the city will likely save you some coin. I'm located about 45 min north of Manhattan and $850 will get you 2 syringes of Restylane (1.5cc worth), which is my preferred lip filler. I personally perform all injections in my practice.

Depending upon your budget, it may be worth shopping around a bit. Remember, price (high or low) does not always correlate with experience or results. Make sure you view before and afters of lips done by your chosen practitioner.

Good luck.

Jonathan R. Fugo, DO
Newburgh Plastic Surgeon

Fillers in NYC

The filler cost will vary from injector to injector.  Some will charge even more. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.