How long is it generally befor juvederm top up in lip be administered

I had small amount of juvederm in lip and went back after 3 weeks for a top up. My practitioner said it was to soon and to come back in another 3 weeks and see if my lip I ready then, that will be 6 weeks! Is this normal? I have no swelling or bruising.

Juvederm and Lips NYC

Generally speaking I would wait two weeks from the first Juvederm injection to see if you need more filler in that area.  There can be swelling or other effects so it is best to wait the two weeks. Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

If there is more desired we put it in 7-14 days later.  Please go to an expert in facial sculpting. Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question.  Depending on your desired results a series of injections of filler material can be performed to reach a final goal lip size.  It is wise to await resolution of any tissue swelling or bruising before performing the next injection with typical timeframes between 2-4 weeks being normal. Hope this helps.

When can a touch up of Juvederm be injected to lips

Thank you for sharing you question. Additional Juvederm can be injected 2 weeks following initial injection if the lips do not appear swollen. 
Good luck,