Mixing Botox and RF skin tightening?

I am currently having a course of facial skin tightening, I am going on holiday soon so also want to have Botox on my forehead and round my eyes to soften the lines, will having the Botox prevent the skin tightening results as I know it can take a few months to see full benefits? Should I just leave the Botox until I see what effects I get from the RF?Thanks

Botox and skin tightening

Botox and the skin tightening work in different ways, so it's fine to have these two treatments within a few days of each other. Get the skin tightening first, and when your skin is no longer irritated, get the Botox.

Great Question!

Combination treatments is definitely the optimal way to go.  Each procedure addresses different concerns.  Together, skin tightening and Botox will most likely give you enhanced results.  I recommend this for Ultherapy, Tighten skin tightening as well as with RF.  Do those treatments a few days apart, however.

Hope this helps.

Shelena Lalji, MD
Sugar Land OB/GYN

Botox

Combining botox with skin tightening treatments are often recommended for optimal results. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

RF Skin Tightening and Botox

One of the best combinations in treating wrinkles is to use Botox and skin tightening.  I suggest you have skin tightening first followed by Botox a day later.  The added benefits will result in better and rejuvenated skin.

Mixing Botox and RF skin tightening?

Skin tightening machines, such as Protege, work well with Botox.  I do suggest to my patients, to separate the procedures by a couple of days to decrease the chance of any bruising.

Skintightening and Botox

Skin tightening procedures work great in combination with botox, I typically perform the skin tightening procedure first then the botox.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and RF tightening compliment

Botox and RF compliment each other, and having one won't interfere with the other.  RF works well on overall skin tightening and fine static lines, while Botox works on the dynamic lines of facial expression.  I think it's great to do both at the same time!  Space out the procedures by a few days.  

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

RF skin tightening and use of Botox

RF won't eliminate the need for Botox. The only stipulation is don't do these on the same day. Swelling can cause migration of the Botox. You can do a couple days before or after and it will be fine. The lines associated with movement, dynamic lines, will need Botox even if you are getting RF treatment. The static lines might improve.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Combining Botox and RF skin tightening procedures

Botox can be combined with RF tightening procedures. These can be done at the same visit or separate visits.
If these treatments are done in one visit, I would recommend doing RF skin tightening first and then do Botox injections.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Mixing Botox and RF skin tightening?

Thank you for your question.  Botox should not interfere with your skin tightening results, and it would be fine to have it done during your RF sessions.  Be sure to tell both your Botox injector, as well as your RF tightening medical specialist, your plans.  It would be best to space them at least a day apart.