Not so sure about results after sclerotherapy? (Photos)

Had sclerotherapy on both of my legs in April this year. I was asked to stay with tight bandages for 13 days each leg. Had removed some varicose vains and spider vains. its been over 3 months now and they still look bad with dark circles.Never seen a difference they look worse now with dark colouring. Can you tell me what it is? Can you use anything to improve? Heard of Venalta pills.

Sclerotherapy on Legs

Typically it takes 2-3 treatments for improvement otherwise you can try lasers for the smaller vessels.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Post sclerotherapy staining.

The pictures look like staining and some neovascularization.  I also see some varicose veins in the lower portion of your leg.  You should have a venous duplex ultrasound to look for reflux. If present then this may need to be treated before sclerotherapy.  If no reflux then the feeding veins will need to be treated. Staining and neovascularization (matting) may improve over time.  See a vein specialist

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy of Spider Veins

Be sure you find a practitioner with years of experience.I am a vein only medical and cosmetic vein treatment expert. World class spider vein treatment takes more experience than even medical vein treatment. Spider vein treatment is not "cook book". It is an art and a science. We have the only 100% patient satisfaction guarantee on spider vein treatment in the USA that I am aware of.Spider vein treatment is like creating an art masterpiece -- it take several coats of paint. The average patient takes three (3), 30 minute sessions and by the last session we are generally searching for spider veins.
Almost every patient needs several treatments to get good results. One treatment only usually results in a dissatisfied patient.It is critical that your cosmetic vein physician also be an expert in medical vein treatment or spider vein/cosmetic results will be poor. This is because spider veins are like weeds, they have roots. If you do not treat the roots, the weeds come back or and never go away.Most cosmetic vein patients also have medical vein disease and medical vein disease must be treated first to get great spider vein treatment results.

Christopher Pittman, MD
Tampa Phlebologist

Sclerotherapy results

Sclerotherapy results and often takes 3 to 6 months for full final visualization you appear to still be in the healing phase in the meantime good skincare and this includes sunscreen can help prevent some poor cosmetic results

Jordan Knepper, MD
Ann Arbor Vascular Surgeon