If I was going to just get one breast implant would the price be lower?

Lower Cost, But Consider Your Final Result

Please be aware that my comments here are general and can’t be taken as specific medical advice. As other specialists have pointed out, the cost of breast augmentation for only one breast will be less expensive. However, cost should never be the sole consideration, because you're paying for something that will be with you for many years to come. It's not unusual to have 2 different sized implants used during a procedure, but augmenting only one breast is much less common. Make sure you consult with an experienced plastic surgeon and discuss your plans for breast surgery.

Just one breast implant?

Hi neonmonster87,
Yes, just placing one implant is definitely cheaper than placing 2 implants. However, cost should not be your sole determinant of what operation you're going to have. You have not provided any photographs so I cannot tell as to the amount of asymmetry that you have. In general, it would make sense to place implants in both breasts and simply place a smaller implant on the larger side. A board certified plastic surgeon can quickly give you advice on how to proceed. Good luck.

Alfonso Oliva, MD, FACS
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Only need one Breast Implant......? Will it be cheaper?

Yep!  If you only need one breast enlarged, then surgery time will be shorter, you will only be paying for one implant, and presumably, the surgeons fee will be less too.   

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

One side breast implant

Dear madam,
  I would have been very helpful to see your front and side view pictures, so that the best outcome from the surgery for your breasts, could have been recommended to you.
  Be it as it may, it is clearly less costly to have only one side breast augmentation
 You have to realize that even though cost of surgery is important, choosing the right surgeon is more so, because if corrective surgery is necessary, the cost will escalate significantly.
  Another important fact is that not all result are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and safe outcome. So do your due diligence and choose wisely.
  Always, consult with experience board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the phoyo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive.
                                        Dr Widder

One breast implant

If you are only doing one side, the fee will likely be lower.  It is a bit unusual to only operate on one side.

Implant cost

Hello and thank you for your question. Yes, the cost will be lower, as you only have to purchase one implant, and have shorter operative times.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question.  Yes both direct and indirect costs would be lower, including the cost of 1 vs 2 implants, surgeons fees, and the amount of time spent in the operating room.  Hope this helps.

Yes it would

Implants are purchased on a per implant basis, you do not have to buy them in pairs so yes the costs would be less. The  surgeons fee and  anesthesia would also be less since these are essentially based on time. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

The Price for only one implant

Generally speaking the price for getting only one implant would be much less than having both sides done.  But it won't be half as much, probably more like a third less.  There are some circumstances where asymmetry would lead a patient to only need one implant, but cost shouldn't be the reason.

Samuel Beran, MD