Will gel implants HP 325cc and 335cc in right breast be too small to achieve a D? (Photos)

Should I go bigger than 325cc to achieve a d cup. Also one breast is slightly bigger so my surgeon suggested a 10cc difference which is perfect but if I go bigger it'd have to be 20cc difference.

Implant Size Suitable for Your Body and Frame

Factors which contribute to the outcome of Breast Augmentation are #size, #shape, and #profile.
The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile.
This may also provide some insight. If a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest. As much as it's important to know what size bra you currently wear, the strap size is important to know as well. It affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that you choose. In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.
#Subpectoral or #submuscular implants refer to placement under the muscle which still remains the most common placement in the United States. #Submammary or #subglandular implants are the placement under the breast tissue in front of the muscle. This tends to more common in Europe and South America. General guidelines suggest that women with larger drooping (ptosis) breasts that do not want a breast lift often have the implant placed above the muscle, although another option, #DualPlane, has become more popular. In the Dual Plane method, the implant is placed under the pectoralis muscle but the breast tissue is also release, in part, from the muscle. Those patients with minimal breast tissue should usually have the implant placed beneath the pectoralis muscle for more soft tissue padding.
Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape, size and placement of the #implants to be used. Lastly, another important element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.

Will gel implants HP 325cc and 335cc in right breast be too small to achieve a D?

It would be best that you try different sizers with your plastic surgeon. You can get a bra of the size that you like and find the implants that fill it the best. Please understand that your surgeon will probably go a size bigger to compensate for the apparent loss of volume when the implants are inserted. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Breasts implants size

Dear meeshykins,
  Thanks for submitting your picture and your goal pictures.
 From observing your picture, you appear to be small A cup size with asymmetry. The right breasts appears to me slightly bigger (it is wider and fuller at the upper pole) and it's crease is higher. 
 Your goal pictures appears to be C cup size
 You did not provide your chest circumference measurement in inches, which is critical for the correct implants size selection. Let's assume that you are currently 34 small A cup size. To become 34 D cup, you will need implants with volume of 500 cc. For 32 D cup - 425 cc.  I would add 25 cc's more to the left breast implant for symmetry and lower the right crease for evenness. 
  You have to realize that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence and choose wisely.
  Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.
                                     Dr Widder

Cup size and implants

implant volumes do not always correlate with cup size.  A rough estimate is to get the bra you want to fill and do a baggy test.  Good luck.

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Yes and No.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size implants you have chosen appear to fit your desired outcome, but only an in-person consultation could truly determine that. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Implant size determination

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. It is a common request trying to estimate final cup size given the size of the implant and the size of the patient. One of the simplest tests you can do is to try the implants in a bra and see how the size appeals to you. I think the size that you have picked would be reasonable for your goals. You can always opt to go a little bit more if you want a true D cup. It's important to remember that what looks best on most women is when the breast size is proportional to the woman's body frame and her hips.Another simple test you can do is something called the rice test. Over the weekend take an old pair of stockings and fill them with dry rice or beans. And place it inside a sports type bra. I would suggest you wear this for a couple hours throughout the day and try on different outfits to go with it. Once you have settled into a size that you are happy with then measure the amount of rice that's in the stocking. Roughly speaking every ounce of rice is approximately 30 cc's. This will help you determine your final implant volume. You would also need to go over with the options of moderate profile vs. High-profile versus medium profile. 

Your before picture shows very good general shape of the breast without evidence of sagging or ptosis and there's a very small degree of volume discrepancy between the two. Typically for a very minor differences in size I would recommend using the exact same implant on both breasts. Over time the breast implant has a tendency to cause a small degree of breast tissue atrophy. Using two different implant can sometimes actually look worse given the fact that the larger implant has a slightly wider diameter. The difference in diameter is sometimes more noticeable than the slight difference in size.

Furthermore if you look at this from a mathematical perspective let's say right now your right breast is 200 grams and your left breast is 210 grams. That would mean that your breasts are approximately 5% different in size. If you were to opt for a 350 cc implant your new total volume would be 550 grams on the right and 560 grams on the left.  Since the breast are now larger the difference in size is much smaller at less than 2% difference in size. Such a difference is usually undetectable.You should see several consultations in your area with board certified plastic surgeons before coming to a decision.As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health care concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Two issues: #1 Need larger implants in 400 cc ranges. #2 The asymmetry is at least 50 cc's + in my over the internet guessing.

You should achieve a nice result. Cup size is difficult to predict because manufacturers label bras differently. A rough gauge is 150-200cc per increase in cup size in the same style of bra that you currently wear. For more read below:

Implant size

Thank you for your question. It is hard to know exactly what size implant will give you a D cup. The very definition of a D cup is vague. I have the Vectra 3D imaging system to help me help patients figure out what size implant that they may need. It allows me to " try on" any size implant on them and for them to see what they will look like. It is really cool and and has given patients a lot of piece of mind when it comes to picking the right size implants. Let me know if I can help.

John Mancoll, MD

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon