How early should I schedule a consultation?

I want to get my surgery mid December. July just barely started so is it too early to schedule a consultation?

Never Too Early

Please be aware that my comments here are general and can’t be taken as specific medical advice. I would say you've given yourself a comfortable amount of time. Scheduling consultations with multiple plastic surgeons is essential, because it gives you the opportunity to see who will be the best match for your goals. By starting now, you won't feel rushed when choosing a surgeon. You'll also have the time to reflect on the recommendations each surgeon provides and feel more comfortable when the date of your surgery arrives.

Consultation For Breast Augmentation

Many surgeons are scheduled months in advance, so the earlier, the better when it comes to scheduling a consultation. Research surgeons thoroughly and choose carefully. Start by asking the 3 Magic Questions: 1. Is this an operation that you perform frequently and how often do you perform breast augmentation? 2. Do you teach, speak, or write about this procedure for the benefit of other plastic surgeons? 3. Do you have long-term follow-up photos for this procedure? Your surgeon must have the Experience, Expertise, and can show you Exceptional results. You want a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, someone who will listen and answer every question you have. If you are not personally comfortable with the surgeon, you should move on and consider another surgeon. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with expertise in this area.   
#drrodrohrich#plasticsurgery#breastaugmentation  

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

When to schedule a consultation

Thank you for your question.  This is a very common question that women ask when preparing for a breast augmentation.  I would say it is best to schedule a consultation 3-6 months in advance for a breast augmentation.  Especially if you are wanting your surgery in December, that is a very popular time for surgery and can book up a few months in advance.  You may want to schedule a couple consultations to make sure you find the right plastic surgeon for you.

If you would like more information regarding breast augmentation, I have put together a Breast Augmentation Planner.   It actually goes through the processes and timeline of what to expect and give you a general idea of what to plan for with your surgery.  I think it would be very helpful to you at this point in your journey, you can download a free copy of this planner at ABetterBreast.com.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Consultation

Hello and thank you for your question and generally the sooner the better for your consultation that way you feel comfortable with your PS and have time to answer questions. Remember, it is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can in person examine you, take key measurements and go over with you your specific aesthetic goals. Bringing several photos of your "ideal" look can be helpful as well. My consultation is done at no charge, and with the consultation is a review and discussion about several things including incision location, implant placement, implant size, shape, type as well as the expected recovery period. It is best to see and feel in person the different sizes, shapes and textures of the various implants during a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best of luck.

Benjamin J. Cousins M.D.

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Scheduling a consultation

should be done as soon as you know you want to consider procedures.  This gives you time to find the right surgeon and to secure your date you desire if you're limited in your options.  It also allows you to return for more discussions if needed.  And if you're being charged for each visit, you may be better off finding surgeons that do not try to bill for every time they see you.  Always know the surgeon's revision policy as well just in case you need it.

Curtis Wong, MD

Thank you for your question. There is no set time to have a consultation, but I would advise the earlier the better. This will help you get in as many consultations as you feel necessary to make an informed decision. In addition, if you are set on surgery in December, then it will give you time to get on the schedule if you choose a surgeon who is very busy and books surgeries well in advance, especially around the holiday times when many people choose to have cosmetic surgery because they have time off. 

Hope this helps!

Dear choim14,
The earlier the better! While you may be able to get in next week at some practices, others may be scheduling out much further because of their high demand. You may also want to visit with multiple surgeons before making your final decision. December is a very attractive time for many patients to have surgery because of time off work and school for the holidays. 

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

It is always best to be fully informed and empowered to make the decision to proceed. Starting the consultation process now may be best as some surgeons will have long waiting lists. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Consultation

There is no precise time for your consultation. However, depending upon the specific procedure you desire factors can change the specific Sirgery depending on weight loss or gain 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

When to schedule a consultation

You can schedule a consultation at any time. This will allow you to learn as much as you can and to be the most prepared before your surgery. You can also get more out of your consultation by writing down your questions to bring with you to this appointment. I encourage you to schedule your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

i wish you well

Dr. Edwards