Male/light skin/permanent makeup eyebrow removal?

I'm a 28 years old male, light-dark skin. Unfortunately, the artist did not follow my guidelines that I asked for and now i have badly drawn (arched) brows. Laser tech treatment told me that with my skin color it might leave white spots on my face which would make even a bigger issue than just a bad brow. A local salon suggested a treatment with something acid? I want to know if there is a way to go back to no brows than these brows with no perma damage to myface.

PicoSure laser tattoo removal for semipermanent eyebrow makeup

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.  Luckily,  there is PicoSure laser technology which can help you.  It is however difficult to answer this question without any pictures. I have successfully treated permanent makeup tatooo on eyebrows and lip liner.  There has to be a consultation first which is followed by a test spot to see how your tattoo will respond to laser treatment. The worst thing that can happen is that the test spot will turn very dark almost black color, and there is really no good way of predicting it without actually performing a test spot first. The reason it might turn dark/black is due to the type of ink which was used for your permanent makeup . This ink is different from the ink you get in your tattoos. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Avaliani

New York Physician

Picosure

Picosure laser is used to remove permanent make-up. It removes different colors of inks in as few as 4 treatments. Make a consultation appointment with an experienced provider. Good luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Permanent eyebrows

Hi there.  It is possible to use Q-switched lasers to removal permanent make-up. You did not include any pictures, so without knowing your skin color or the color of the eyebrows it is difficult to say that a treatment would work for you. As a general rule of thumb, tattoo removal lasers work on dark (black and brown) permanent ink. Lighter beige and flesh tones are the ones that darken or whiten. Find an experienced physician in your community and ask them to do a test spot. Good luck!!

Adaeze Okeke, MD
Houston Physician

​Tattoo Removal for Semi-Permanent Eyebrows

We have used the PicoSure Tattoo Removal Laser to successfully remove permanent eyebrows.  Depending on the ink used, most can be removed in 1-3 treatments.  Your eyebrows may get burned off or bleached, but generally grow back normally.

We recommend finding an experienced physician in your area.  Extra care must be used any time lasers are used around eyes.  Treatment prices vary by market.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician