Will lumps either end of scar go or will I need treatment?

Had tattoo removed 6 months again by having it cut out. The surgeon tried to make scar length short which has left a lump either side of scar. It's 6 months on and they are still there.

#tattoosurgery

skin redundancy at the edges of the scar can happen if the scar was too short in length or if either edges were of unequal length. sometimes these redundancies can resolve on their own. sometimes a minor procedure is required to smooth those out. I would recommend you contact your doctor and discuss your concerns with them

Dog ears after tattoo excision

These can be treated with either re-excision, lasers, or Infini. These are caused by skin bunching at the ends when a large area of skin removed and the incision is closed. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Scar after tattoo excision

Without a photo, it is difficult to know exactly what is going on.  However, raised areas at the end of a wound, sometimes referred to as a "dog ear",  can occur with difficult would closer.  They will usually flatten out over time as the skin remodels.  I would wait about a year before having anything further done to it.