Can I remove this tattoo? Only a month old (Photo)

I got this half sleeve only a month ago and I absolutely hate it on me.. I feel like I ruined myself.. all I read is negative results from laser removal. Do I have a chance of removing this tattoo fully? Please help me with honest answers

Removing a half sleeve`

Hi there, yes you absolutely can remove this tattoo with lasers but it will take some time. The good news is that is is only black ink which is the easiest to remove. You should make sure that the clinic you choose uses only Q-switched technology and can show you completed before and after pictures. Because it is so new you may experience "ghosting" which is the appearance of a shadow where the tattoo ink was. Another option would be to fade the tattoo somewhat and get it covered over with something you prefer. Either way, choose your tattoo removal clinic and tattoo artist carefully and good luck!

Removing sleeve tattoo

This is one for the best lasers. I would use either an Enlighten or Piqo4 laser. It needs nano and pico second lasers. It can be removed but complete removal is not always possible. You must be satisfied with small areas of pigment left. The ink is fairly thick. It will take 8 treatments or more. Fortunately, it is mostly black in color.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sleeve tattoo removal

The only way to remove that tattoo would be with laser.  Laser should be successful, but you should expect the process to take more than a year to complete.  It will require multiple laser treatments, each separated by 6-12 weeks.  Usually 10-12 weeks between treatments is what I recommend. It is impossible to know exactly how many treatments will be needed.  That will depend on many factors, including the type of laser that is used.  A 1065nm picosecond laser, such as Enlighten, will probably give you the most complete results with the fewest number of treatments.  But you should still expect to need between 5-10 treatments and it could require more.  There is always a chance that a tattoo will not be able to be completely removed, but if you really hate it, I think its worth trying.  I think there is a very good chance of success.

Your Best Choice--Laser Tattoo Removal--Takes a series of treatments

Yes, this can be removed with laser tattoo removal. It will take a series of treatments. For best results, it's advised that the tattoo be fully healed. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a laser tattoo removal expert. Best, Dr. Emer