How Much Does Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Surgery Cost for Me? (photo)

Hello, I am under 20 years old. I have had dark circles all my life I am looking for a Dr. who might be able to estimate the price of lower eyelid blepharoplasty surgery for me by the look of my photos?

Lower lid blepharoplasty cost

It is important to make sure that at age 20 there are no underlying medical conditions, such as allergies or thyroid disease.  Allergic shiners of the lower lids can give this appearance at a young age.  If medical conditions have been ruled out, a transconjunctival blepharoplasty is then the appropriate choice for removal of fat in the 2 compartments of the lower lids.  A transconjunctival blepharoplasty costs $3,600 and includes the operating room, the anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee.

Correction of Lower Eyelid Hollows... Blepharoplasty or Filler?

Hi MrsHoop,

In patients under 20 years old such as yourself, I would advise using Restylane filler to correct the hollows under your eyes.  The treatment ranges from $500 to $1,000 depending on how much filler is needed, and whom you choose as your injecting physician. Restylane injections under the eye last much longer than filler in other areas as there is very little movement in this area.  Most patients have improvement for over 18 months while many continue to be happy for many years. This is a most delicate and unforgiving area so do choose your injecting physician most carefully. 

Transconjuntival blepharoplasty or bleph with transpositioning of the lower lid fat can be surgically performed, but in past few years many experts have preferred using filler over surgery.  Removing fat results in volume loss, and fat transpositioning has the potential for lumps and bumps under the eyes. The cost of surgery ranges from $5,000 to $10,000.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower Blepharoplasty Costs

The photos are not being shown properly.

Blepharoplasty pricing vary depending on geographic location and the cost structure of the surgeon. Expensive areas such as London, New York or Los Angeles or areas with fewer board certified plastic surgeons will have higher prices than South Florida.  Lower Blepharoplasty starts at $2000 + MD Anesthesia Related Expenses (if necessary). Because of the lower costs in South Florida and many surgeons with high standards, patients will come from throughout the country and world for surgery.

You should consult with surgeons who own his or her own nationally accredited surgery center for the highest standard of care and for cost containment.

Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lower eyelid surgery fees

Because blepharoplasty is such a varied procedure, the cost also varies. Factors which contribute to the cost of eyelid surgery include:
Type and extent of surgery
Surgeon’s fee
Facility fee
Anesthesia fee

For approximate costs by location , search Real Self, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, or American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and Oculoplastic surgery websites.

Dark Circles Treatment Cost

Pricing varies greatly depending on the surgeon and city in which they operate, as well as other factors. It's better to first find out which surgeon you'd like to have perform your surgery, then ask how much they charge. This way quality is your governing factor.

In Toronto, blepharoplasty can range from $4500 to $7000, with the lower range referring to the upper or lower eyelids only.  

However, at your age blepharoplasty may not be the most effective solution to resolve your concern. You should see a surgeon to determine whether the procedure can help you, as your dark circles may be caused by something else. Best of luck.

Lower blepharoplasty

The ideal surgery for you will be lower blepharoplasty with fat transposition (moving the existing fat to a lower position to fill the hollowness underneath the bags). The cost varies, depending on surgeon, city, type of surgery, and anesthesia type. The typical cost is from $2500 to 4000.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

How Much Does Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Surgery Cost for

The range varies greatly depending the area of the USA. Range is from $2,000 to $4,000. Best to seek in person evaluations from boarded docs in your city. 

Transconjunctival blepharoplasty with fat repositioning

You would be an excellent candidate for fat repositioning lower lid blepharoplasty. Cost is usually between $3000-4000, depending the area of the country and surgeon.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cost of eyelid surgery

from the appearance of your lower lids as seen in the photos, it appears you have fullness due to "pre-senile" fat herniation, best handled by a transconjunctival blepharoplasty.  This cost would be approximately 4000 dollars.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Every practice is different. In our practice in La Jolla it cost around $4200 everything included. We do surgeries in outpatient surgery centers. We take our patients to highest quality of care facilities.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)