Kybella for the inner thigh gap?

I saw on TV that kybella can be used on the inner thigh gap. Can someone tell me if that's true and if so where I can get it done?

Kybella for the inner thigh gap?

There is a good chance it will work there, and will eventually be approved for that location, however at this point it is only approved for use under the chin. The best solution for medial thigh fat is still liposuction. The only way to know for sure if you are a candidate is to book a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon near you. Best of luck! 

SculpSure

Thank you for your question, teliio2686. Kybella is very effective for the "double chin" and is FDA-approved for that area and that area alone. I suggest you consider SculpSure which can melt 25% of your unwanted subcutaneous fat in a 25-minute non-invasive in-office treatment whereby patients complete the treatment and walk out of our office ready to resume their ordinary activities. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting a Better Option for Thighs

I applaud you for doing your own research on information you hear on TV. KYBELLA is an injectable treatment approved by the FDA specifically to reduce fat that causes a double chin. There is no clinical study of whether it works for body contouring. CoolSculpting, on the other hand, is FDA-cleared to treat the inner and outer thighs using special applicators. I would suggest finding a board-certified plastic surgeon to consult with about the best treatment for you.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for inner thighs?

Currently Kybella is just FDA approved for use beneath the chin.  Even if you were to use it on other parts of the body you would need such a large amount that I imagine would drive the cost up even more to the point where it would become cost prohibitive.  I think there are better methods out on the market, both noninvasive and surgical that are good at addressing the inner thighs.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can exam the area you are talking about and recommend a safe and effective solution.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

The gap

Hi Telio,

Kybella is FDA indicated for the submental area only. To be clear, this means that the company has done clinical trials to confirm that is safe for use in this area. Once that is complete, the company is given an IFU (Indication For Use). It is important for the safety of patients to avoid situations where you become the experiement in off-label uses.  Your best bet is to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon who is comfortable with multiple methods of treating the inner thigh.  

-Dr. B

Kybella for thigh gap

Thanks for a great question telio! Kybella is currently only FDA approved for the submental (double chin) area. There are ongoing studies for using this product on other areas of the body and I suspect we will see more FDA approved indications soon. If you are interested in non-surgical procedures to help with the inner thighs, I would recommend Sculpsure. This procedure uses a laser to permanently destroy fat cells. The best part is that Sculpsure only takes 25 minutes for a treatment, and you can return to all of your normal activities immediately (including the gym). We have had really happy Sculpsure patients here in Richmond who have wanted to reduce their inner thighs. 

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Elsewhere

Currently on label treatments are for submental fat. Soon, we will see where else the treatment will be approved.

Sean Paul, MD
Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Kybella for the inner thigh gap?

Thank you for your question. We have chosen not to use Kybella in our practice as it can be very costly, takes multiple treatments and tends to have moderate pain and swelling. For inner thighs the gold standard is still liposuction or coolsculpting.  These treatments will provide optimal results. I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss options that are best fit for your body type. Best wishes. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Inner thigh gap

I just got interviewed for a news piece as that... Coolsculpting is so much cheaper and spares you the swelling that Kybella would give you after treatment.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella, Inner Thigh Fat Gap

Kybella can result in 10-15% reduction of fat similar to Coolshape. Middle age patients usually don't need skin tightening after fat reduction as the skin shrinks enough on its own. Kybella and Coolshape are not FDA approved for use on the thighs.
Liposuction typically reduces 50% of fat in one session. RF treatments like Velashape and Thermitight plus Deoxycholic Acid the main ingredient of Kybella can result in somewhat more than 15% reduction in the amount of double chin fat with three to five sessions.
The inner thigh skin may be loose enough to look worse after a fat reduction procedure alone.
The most dramatic results are achieved with a laser/liposuction with Precision tx; results noticeable at ten days.
Patients should do the math (all these treatments cost nearly the same) and go for what is in their best interest.
Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will be most capable of advising what is best for you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS