Why are there some people that get bad results after Cellfina?

Could it be the doctor's lack of experience or are these things just bound to happen to patients of even the most skilled doctors? Is it just bad luck?

Cellfina is great but sometimes correction cannot be complete

It depends by what you mean as a "bad" result. If you still have a crease under the buttock or a banana roll on the upper thigh that is because Cellfina cannot be used in those areas. Sometimes, in cases of very severe cellulite, it is simply not safe to try and remove all of the dimples because it might create wound complications. It's always best to discuss this with your doctor.

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina: getting the best results

Cellfina: getting the best resultsPatient and location choice always helps . Loose skin and areas such as the front of the thighs and banana roll are more difficult.  this is why I offer Cellfina Platinum,  to tighten the surrounding skin in most locationsCellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% on RealSelf

The areas we have had trouble with are those where the skin is becoming to loose.  When the skin has to much laxity even if you reduce the Cellulite in the area you don't improve the skin in that area which frustrates patients and may make the skin seem more loose.

Bad results after Cellfina

The Cellfina technique to release the bands causing cellulite is pretty straightforward. It is probably most important for the treating physician to make a proper diagnosis and identify what they see as true cellulite. If the problem, for example, is skin laxity, Cellfina will not help this.

Cellfina results

It depends what you mean by "bad results". It could be that not all the bands were addressed. In other words, it is an incomplete result and releasing more bands would help. It could be that the person has a texture issue versus cellulite. Cellfina only fixes the cellulite bands. If your skin is loose and/or has texture issues, cellfina will not correct that. You would need a skin tightening procedure. Hope that helps!

Ellen A. Janetzke, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina results

The results from Cellfina depend on several factors.  The first and most important one is treating dimples that are likely to respond well, and that requires a good understanding of the anatomy that leads to cellulite. Matching expectations to what can realistically be achieved is also key.  Make sure that in your consultation your Plastic Surgeon spends the time to evaluate you well and you will be much more likely to achieve a 'successful' outcome.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Not exactly sure obviously, but certainly lack of training and lack of surgical experience come into play.  I was fortunate enough to get trained by my senior partner who has had it for several years, and I had 8 years of intense surgical training under my belt, so some basic surgical concepts that I know, are not grasped by nonsurgeons.  Not trying to toot my own horn, but training makes a difference. My patients have had zero pain and minimal bruising with outstanding results. And if they didn't I would offer them a revision.  It's important to truly understand the background of your treating doctor

Cain R. Linville, MD
Houston Physician