How soon after a tummy tuck and Lipo can you restart taking your 81mg aspirin?

Thank you for your excellent question.  Because aspirin is a blood thinner best to ask your surgeon about their recommendations on restarting it based on your specific procedures and how your recovery has gone.  Hope this helps.

Taking Aspirin After a Tummy Tuck

You should check with your surgeon on this, for my patients I want them to avoid all blood thinners including aspirin for two weeks before and two weeks after surgery. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Aspirin medication

Hi, thank you for your question. Generally aspirin must be stopped atleast 2 weeks prior and after surgery. It is still best to consult this with your surgeon as this will depend on the amount of drains noted on your recovery period. 

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon