How long is recovery for a tummy tuck and bbl with liposuction?

Recovery period

Hi, thank you for your question. I usually recommend 10-14 days off for recovery. However vigorous activity must be avoided atleast 6 weeks following surgery. This recommendation varies in every individual. Take it slowly and listen to yoru body.  

Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Tummy Tuck

Excellent question. The recovery time for this type of procedure varies patient to patient but in general terms I have my patients take off two weeks from work. I have them gradually return to physical activity around the third and fourth week but limit vigorous exercise for six weeks.

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after surgery

Thank you for your question. Typically, 10-14 days is recommended to return back to work with limited activity. I also advise patients no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 6 weeks following surgery. I encourage speaking with your board certified plastic surgeon for individualized advice.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from TT and BBL

I recommend two weeks off from work if you do not have a physically strenuous profession.  Full healing takes several months but the real limitations are in the first 6-8 weeks post operatively.  Exercise may be resumed subject to your plastic surgeon's instructions and based on the course of healing.

Recovery after tummy tuck and BBL with liposuction

Thank you for the question. Usually for these procedures combined the recovery is about 2 weeks. You are encouraged to walk and perform low energy daily activities immediately however you are to refrain from exercise for at least 4 weeks.
Most patients can go back to work within 10-14 days, and modified work conditions for more strenuous work. 

Good luck!

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck BBL

Recovery from surgery is a continuous process. Regarding these procedures I tell my patients that for at least 2 weeks they must refrain from any activity other than walking and activities of daily living such as eating and dressing themselves. Exercise can begin slowly at 4 weeks and no restrictions at 6-8 weeks depending on the individual progress. Regarding return to work it all depends on what the work is. Office work is very different from police work or nursing for example. Most people may return to office work at 2 - 2.5 weeks. I should also say that most of the swelling and bruising goes away by 4 weeks but it takes another 2-3 months to see the final results. 

Elan B. Singer, MD

How long is recovery from BBL and TT

I usually recommend 2 weeks off from work and have some help around the house to assist with the children. The procedures are safely performed together, but you need time to recover.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck w/ bbl

Hello and thank you for your question. Tummy tuck and bbl can be safely combined in the appropriate patient.  I usually advise patients take off two weeks from work, depending on what type of work you do. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD