Can I wear lipstick after Restylane on the lips? (Photo)

I got restylane on my lips yesterday it's only been one day. Would it be okay if I wear lipstick so that my bruises will not be so noticeable. Or will I have to wait a couple days before putting any lipstick on. Thank you

Lip gloss after Restylane

Lip gloss is safe to apply the next day following filler injections to the lips.  However, it is always best to follow the specific recommendations of your provider.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Restylane and Lip Injections

Restylane is a great filler for the lips that gives natural looking injections and beautiful results.  There is no reason why you couldn't apply lipstick after your lip injections.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lip injections.

Michele S. Green, MD

Lipstick after Restylane on the lips

Each injector has his or her guidelines for post treatment care. Most will allow lipstick to be worn the next day. Consult with your injector as he or she knows the scope of treatment and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Can I wear lipstick after Restylane on the lips?

Thank you for your question. Lipstick after lip injections should cause no adverse reaction. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lipstick after Restylane

Hi Emart.  No problem for lipstick.  You don't want to press too hard so as to move the product around, but normal light pressure from putting on lipstick should not be a problem.  

Enjoy your results and to see more like them, check out the link below to view our Los Angeles Restylane before and after pictures.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Wearing lipstick after restylane injections

There is no issue in applying lipstick or chapstick to your lips after having had a filler such as restylane or juvederm in the lips.

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipstick following fillers

I generally permit my patients to use lip gloss or lip stick after waiting for a day following fillers.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS