I'm unhappy with my results. When will Restylane filler dissolve? I had 1 syringe under eyes/ little bit in upper cheek.

I keep reading 6 months - 2 years. Is getting it dissolved with enzyme worth it, or is it better to wait it out? I did it 3 weeks ago. Does it improve with more time? I feel like it's sitting on the bone and not attractive and may have slightly changed my cheekbones. Should I juts give it some time? I'm scared of the enzyme to disolve bc I'm reading stories of it dissolving the natural hyrulonic acid. I also did sprinkle of Botox in my forehead and can't tell if that's why I look weird.

Duration of effect of Restylane in the tear trough region.

It is difficult to predict the duration of time that you're product will last. I have seen and Restylane last for many years under the eyes. I would not be afraid of removing it if you are not happy with the appearance. I would suggest consulting with a physician who is extremely knowledgeable and experienced in the use of injectable products around the eyes as well as in surgical eyelid rejuvenation.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane and Longevity of Product

It usually takes 6 to 12 months for the product to dissolve in the under eye area.  I would return to my treating physician for Vitrase if I was still unhappy. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane Filler

Thank you for sharing your question. In our practice, we have seen Restylane under the eyes last for about 1 year, although some patients experience longer results. It is also important to remember that under eye filler can cause a significant amount of swelling, which can take several weeks to settle. If you are still unhappy with the appearance of the filler at the 1-month mark, I would follow up with your injector and discuss dissolving the filler with the enzyme Hyaluronidase

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Restylane Results

Thank you for your question. If it is your cheekbones that are bothering you, it wouldn't have been the botox that is making you unhappy. If you are very unhappy with the Restylane I would recommend having hyaluronidase injected to to dissolve it. If the change is slight, then I would give it some time. 

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Reversal

Hi philly. If you are concerned enough about how the Restylane looks then you should dissolve it now.  If it only slightly bothersome, then it will likely dissolve in 6-12 months.  

You should not fear the reversal procedure as it will only dissolve the Hyaluronic acid in the product itself.  Finally, the Botox in the forehead would not have affected the results below the eyes.

To see an example of a Restylane reversal for Los Angeles, click on the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane filler for tear troughs

You may still have some swelling after your Restylane injections so give it another week or two to see the final result.  Restylane can sometimes last for years in the tear trough area so if you are not happy with the result, please return to your doctor.  Dissolving the Restylane may dissolve your own hyaluronic acid but it is replaced within a day, so no need to worry about that.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

I'm unhappy with my results. When will Restylane filler dissolve?

It depends on your specific situation. Restylane can last up to 2 years so if there is a problem now, you may benefit from the enzyme injection. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dissolving hyaluronic acid fillers

Hyaluronidase injections are a great asset in that they can dissolve unwanted filler in as little as a few hours.  Hyaluronidase injections will have no bearing on your native collagen in the short or long term.  Sometimes, it may just be a small area that is creating the ill effect and reducing it can alleviate the problem.  Naturally, fillers like Restylane can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to reduce depending on the person, the amount injected, and the location injected.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane filler

Thank you for your question.  I recommend for you to see your physician again to have them evaluate your concerns.  The Restylane should dissipate naturally over a 6-12 month period.  However, it may be worth dissolving a small amount of the filler with hyaluronidase if you are unhappy with your appearance.  I wish you the best!

Lisa Zaleski-Larsen, DO, FAAD
San Diego Dermatologist

Duration of Restylane

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the result of a recent dermal injection with Restylane. Generally speaking, I recommend waiting for the filler to dissipate naturally. This typically takes 4-6months and avoids any problems associated with injection therapy to dissolve the product. There are some cases however, where it may be best to consider hyuronidase treatment. Consult with your specialist about your concerns and ask for their recommendations. Hope this answer helps. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon