Skin seems too tight after chin lipo . Is this normal?

Hello I had chin lipo about 6 weeks ago and it seems like I have a pulling skin feeling when I tilt my head back- as if the skin is stretching. Is this normal?

This is not normal.

It would be very helpful if you post a picture.I've seen several patients on real self who developed a contractor band in their neck after laser liposuction. 

it looks like a bowstring when the head is tilted.Consider reposting with the picture.Best,Mats Hagstrom M.D. 

Skin tightening after chin lipo

This is normal you are feeling is the contracting of the underline skin scar tissue as consequence of the liposuction. However this tight feeling will subside with time and can actually be hastened with lymphatic massages. Best of luck in your recovery. 

Skin seems too tight after chin lipo

Thank you for your question. Picture will help. It may get get better in 3-4 months if no progressive band development. Pl express your concerns to your surgeon.

Skin Stretching After Liposuction

This can happen, and often it resolves in 3-6 months. I have patients do venus legacy treatments, botox, and massage to loosen this.  I suggest speaking to your physician or getting a formal second opinion. If there is banding this needs to be treated immediately, but this may just be collagen production and fibrosis that takes time to heal. Best, Dr. Emer.

Chin liposuction

Thanks for your question. It is certainly normal at only 6 weeks out to still feel some swelling, firm areas of residual fat, and the sensation of tightness of the skin. This will continue to improve, and I bet you will be very pleased. Massage can be helpful. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon