Can silicone travel to lungs and brains years later?

I had silicone butt injections 7 years ago. Can it still travel to the brain, lungs, other organs years later?

Silicone Injections Travel To Organs

Regards, Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos regrets that you have been victim of the terrible practice of biopolymers.

The migration can be immediate because a vessel is channeled and suddenly has embolism and that usually leads to death.

When biopolymers are injected, they are not capsules, they are liquids without capsules, therefore, the liquid moves from it was injected, that is known as migration; the migration can be macroscopic (it is visible) or it can be microscopic (it is not visible). Macroscopic migration usually occurs to nearby places, such as the back, genitals, thighs, hips. Instead, microscopic migration can pass to other places after a long time, affecting the joints; affecting many places away, like the kidneys or other organs. The best solution is to remove the product as much as possible, but you can never remove it completely, it is not possible.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Ríos.

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Removing silicone from the body

Silicone can manifest into diffuse foreign body reaction. The mechanism of action can be different depending on the type of injection. I would seek early treatment with a plastic surgeon. Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Silicone and Migration

Yes silicone can travel to lymph nodes , lungs, and other sites years later.  It is never removed from the body unless surgically removed once its injected.  Best, Dr. Emer.