Can silicone lip granuloma be excised without causing lip deformity? (Photo)

I have biopolymer njected in my lips 8 years ago, then this January again (I was looking for minor corrections), but I've developed granuloma in my upper lip along with some asymmetry. Can granuloma be excised without causing lip deformity? What are my options to fix my lip? Thank you.

Consequences in lips by silicone injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Regards, Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos regrets that you have been victim of the terrible practice of biopolymers.

The granuloma can be a sphere, but it can also may have different shapes, so when removing it, there can be some depression. It is impossible to evaluate how the area would look like before surgery, usually tissue areas are resected around the granuloma to try to leave the area "symmetrical".

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos.

Removing silicone from the lips

Silicone can be removed from the lips with success. Our office focuses on the surgical removal and treatment of silicone complications from the face and body. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles