I am 69 years old. In 1966 I had silicone injections in my breasts. Other than scar tissue developing I have no problems.

I am very healthy with only the scar tissue development over the years. This was done by a board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Richard Aronsohn... After reading about the dangers of liquid silicone, should I seek medical attention ?

Silicon injections in breast

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Regards, Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos regrets that you have been victim of the terrible practice of biopolymers.

Silicone in breasts is linked to different types of cancer in the mammary gland, the best is to remove the silicone, it doesn´t matter if the injection was made by a plastic surgeon, a dermatologist, a doctor or a nurse. The effects do not depend on who injected it, it is the substance that is in contact with the breast tissue which can generate risks to your health and life. I recommend you to seek a doctor to perform check-ups and to determine if it is possible to perform a surgery; a subcutaneous mastectomy should be performed and then a reconstruction with expanders if it is appropriate.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos.

Removing silicone from the breasts.

Silicone does cause problems. I would obtain a breast MRI and discuss options for removal. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Silicone In Breasts and Other Fillers

Silicone has risks of injection that many people know about.  If you are concerned please see a plastic surgeon.  It sounds as if you are doing fine and have no reason to do a consultation but if you do , please see someone who has experience in traeting silicone complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.