Permanent damage after pinching the tip of the nose after rhinoplasty?

Hello, My friend has playfully squeezed the tip of my nose 5 months after rhinoplasty. I felt sharp pain but it was gone as soon as she let go, but now a few hours after I noticed my nose getting a bit swollen. Could she have caused any structural damage?

Pinching nose

Five months after surgery, the underlying tip cartilage should be healed and sutures dissolved.  It is unlikely permanent damage has been done.  Good luck and I hope this heals well. 

Nasal tip swelling after rhinoplasty and pinching

It is unlikely that she disrupted structural support maneuvers done during surgery; more likely she has caused swelling from local mechanical irritation; I would start by stopping the pinching of your nose and allow swelling to resolve over one month; then you can reassess your results.

Arian Mowlavi, MD