Is the machine already set for the right temperature?

Is the cool sculpting machine have the same freezing degree, or the assistant set it up differently for each client? I just have my concern that my procedure wasn't done right, because I didn't feel the freezing cold and I didn't have any pain and tingling like everybody else is experiencing.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The machine is preset and can not be changed

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and Temperature

Coolscupting is a fabulous procedure for reducing an abdominal bulge by 25% in a given area after only a single one hour procedure.  The temperature of the machine is pre-set.  Only the suction can be adjusted in the machine.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a aboard certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting whose practice is certified by the company.

The Coolsculpting machine is preset to the correct temperature, that temperature will not affect skin or tissue. The machine's temperature is not variable. Patients experience different reactions to the procedure. Ensure you see an experienced and qualified person. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting settings

The temperature is pre-set.  The suction setting can be adjusted to get the best draw possible.  Make sure you are going to an experienced doctor for your treatment.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Temperature is not variable

You ask a good question. The Coolsculpting machine is preset to the correct temperature to freeze fat, that temperature will not affect skin or tissue. The machine's temperature is not variable.  Patients experience different reactions to the procedure, many do not  feel any discomfort, some have more tenderness following the procedure, for some it is more uncomfortable.  It can take up to three months to see optimal results from the procedure, and maintaining a good diet and exercise routine will enhance your results.  Some patients see results as early as 3-4 weeks, then continue to experience improvement over time. Remember that results are not immediate but the success rate  of 20-25% fat reduction in the treated areas is very consistent. Odds are that you will be satisfied with your results in the long run. 

Temperature and pain with CoolSculpting

The treatment temperature is not adjustable when CoolSculpting. The degree of suction can be manipulated, but the duration and intensity of the cold energy is not changed from patient to patient. I suspect it is much more likely that you simply did not experience the same level of pain that others did. This is not unusual, not everyone finds the treatment painful. We all feel things differently and there is a surprising amount of variation in how each individual interprets possible pain or discomfort.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is an excellent tool for noninvasive fat reduction

The temperature is the same, but the variables that could be potentially different from patient to patient are treatment time and amount of suction used. The other influencing factor could be whether the Zimmer Z-wave is used after the treatment. Studies have shown that using the Z wave after makes a significant difference. I use it after every treatment.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Machine Setting

The temperature of the CoolSculpting treatment is preset. The provider can't make any changes to the machine prior to treatment. Redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness, cramping, aching, itching, sensitivity, tingling, and numbness are all common side effects that can persist up to several weeks. However, not everyone will have the same experience or react the same to the treatment.

CoolSculpting and Machine Temperature

The machine and time is preset for the given location treated. This cannot be changed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Temperature of CoolSculpting Machine

Hi Shawna. The temperature for the CoolSculpting machine is preset and cannot be adjusted by the practitioners. There are also sensors within the applicators which monitor the temperature to make sure that the correct freezing point is reached. If the temperature drops below or above that point the machine automatically shuts off and stops the treatment. The sensations of the Coolsculpting treatment vary from person to person. Some people do not experience any discomfort or tingling at all whereas others do. This does not mean that you didn't receive the adequate treatment. I would, however, voice your concerns with your treating provider and return to see them in follow up to compare before and after pictures. Best of luck to you.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon