How long do red marks after Facelift surgery last? (photo)
Doctor Answers 7
Linear red mark on the neck following facelift
The pattern and location of the linear red mark is consistent with pressure from a constrictive bandage. I would avoid any further pressure or rubbing on the skin until it is healed. Occasionally you can see a similar pattern that corresponds to a flexion crease, where thin skin was formerly attached to the underlying muscle (platysma). For now, I would continue to keep the skin covered with a bland ointment or silicone gel such as BioCorneum. If the skin is thick or raised, which can be a sign of incipient (early stage) scar, I would treat with IPL or a vascular laser (Vbeam). Best wishes.
Red marks may be due to the dressing.
Red marks on skin after face lift
You might also like...
Red areas after face lift
Red marks after face lift
The fading depends on the cause of the redness:
- from general effects of surgery - they should be fading by 6 weeks.
- If skin was especially thin around these lines - fading may take longer
- If there is a permanent Giampappa suture under your skin, redness may persist until the suture is removed.
- If the irritation if from Biocorneum or any other skin product - they stay red until the product is stopped.
- If the irritation is from a garment - they stay red until the garment is stopped.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
Persistent red mark should be shown to your surgeon.
Red marks after facelift
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.