I hit my lips after receiving injections, do I need to get my lips re-done now?

I received lip fillers yesterday morning on Monday and they looked great, hardly had any swelling or bruising. The next day, Tuesday night, I got hit in the lips and now half of my lip is swollen. Will this ruin the fillers and move them around? I know only time will tell but I am freaking out!

Lip filler

Thank you for your question.  Best advice is to use ice, rest and let the swelling resolve.  It is likely just swelling that was a bit exaggerated after the mild swelling from the filler itself.  Let it resolve on it's own and you will then be able to see what is going on.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question. Lips are very hypervascular and sensitive therefore they tend to swoll easily . 

My suggestion is to wait for few days , intermittent ice compress and see your physician for assessment . It is very unlikely that this injury affect your filler.

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician