Coldsore looking wound on my gum above my crown. Slightly hurts when I bite down on that tooth. Help

The wound has been present for around a week or two and majority of the pus is out. Wound is getting better but is still there. When i bite down on that tooth, there is a slight pain and the crown moves (slightly) when i wiggle it around. I dont know whether the wound is making my tooth ache or if my root canal and crown are decaying or infected. The pain is not always present when clenching my jaw but it does hurt when i eat or just randomly.

Infected tooth #DrSoftTouch

It sounds like you have an abscessed tooth. I would recommend seeing your dentist right away to have to tooth evaluated. If the infection is from a tooth that has already had a root canal, a retreat may be necessary. Good luck and I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Sore above tooth

That tooth has a serious problem, an infection of some kind. The root canal may need to be redone which is fairly common, or worse, you could have a vertical root fracture. See a dentist right away.

Sue Wendling, DMD
Portland Dentist

Tooth Infection

It definitely sounds like the tooth and surrounding bone/gums are infected.  You should see your dentist right away.  The infection could be from the tooth (needing a retreat of the root canal) or from the bone/gum itself which can happen if there is a tooth fracture or periodontal disease.  Either way, call your dentist first thing tomorrow morning.  

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist