I this annoying axillary fat, don't know if it's breast tissue, but I want to know if I can have liposuction done to it.

Axillary Fat vs. Axillary Breast Tissue

Thank you for your question and the photos. The simple short answer is that accessory breast tissue is firmer and changes in fullness with your menstrual cycle along with your breast tissues while axillary fat doesn't change and remains softer. From the photos you provided, I believe you have axillary fat. The excess is easily removed with liposuction. I have performed many of these, both alone and combined with other breast surgeries. I have found that any liposuction modality will work well, even standard tumescent liposuction, and that the skin will contract the same over time. It's not like you are looking to "etch" or "increase definition" of your armpit. Most women want to remove the annoying fat that shows when you are wearing a sundress with spaghetti straps or no straps. The important factor is finding the right plastic surgeon to give you the results you are looking for. Best of luck!

Axillary (armpit) tissue

This may be accessory breast tissue, especially if the size/tenderness fluctuates with your menstrual cycle.  There are numerous treatments for it depending on the stage (there is actually a classification system).  Mild tissue deposits may be amenable to liposuction; larger deposits with excess skin (most patients do want that excess skin resected) are treated with direct excision.  The scar can usually be placed in a natural skin crease.  Have you had a recent mammogram?

Regina M. Fearmonti, MD
New Braunfels Plastic Surgeon

Axillary Fullness

This is a common problem among women and most find it very annoying. Fortunately it is easy to fix and it can be done in the office under local anesthesia very simply.  Most of the time simple liposuction will fully take care of it. Sometimes though, the surgery may require an excision of excess skin and underlying thicker breast tissue if liposuction can't remove it all.  You will need a consultation and examination to figure out the best approach. I hope this helps!Thomas Taylor, MD, FACSPasadena, CA

Axillary fat is easy to liposuction and so worth it.

I think that liposuction your axillary fat is worth it and is easy under tum. local. You will be so glad you did.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- AXILLARY FAT

This area does very well with liposuction if it is not loose skin.  Please see an expert for a consultation, someone who is an expert in 4D HI DEFINITION contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Axillary Fullness

Hello,You would need to be examined. If it is firm, it's not fat, and you would need an armpit incision that and direct excision of breast tissue. If it's soft, it's fat, and it can be liposuctioned.Bests of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Axillary breast tissue or fat

I have treated many of these with liposuction with amazing results.  It is almost all the time fat and can be removed with liposuction.  The procedure in my hand is 15 minutes and cost is around $800

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Axillary breast tissue

If it is axillary breast tissue, it may swell a little during your periods or when you were pregnant.  Either way, it may be possible to reduce it with liposuction, but there may be excess skin that needs to be removed.