Hard spot after a Tummy Tuck, is this normal?

So I had this hard spot since day one... an my last two dr.visit said it ok it just healing that was2 week ago..now it been a month..an it stI'll there right on my scar....what should I do about that...an can you tell me what it may be....I can't go back to my PS because he in another state...

Hard Spot after Tummy Tuck

Hello and thank you for sharing your concerns. The hard spot you are mentioning could be your body's reaction around the incision line, so you shouldn't worry too much about it. You are also still too early in the healing process. I suggest waiting a couple more months, or follow-up with your surgeon via video chat.

Hard spot on your incision line

The hard spot on your incision line is either:

1)healing ridge: a natural occurence during healing of an incision line where extra collagen is deposited in the area during the healing process; it will remodel itself over the first year and improve

2)fat necrosis: an area of fat cells that have died leaving a hard calcified knot; this will also improve with time or you can have it cut out under local.

Arian Mowlavi, MD