Fat under mouth. Can this be improved?

Hello! I have always had this fat pad under my bottom lip. Although, it's not noticeable to most people as a "flaw" Petes, I feel it makes me look mean and my face looks ... Not so feminine. Can anyone chime in? Any recommendations on what could be done and approximate cost/downtime? Thank you! Please see photo

Fat under mouth

Anatomically there is no real fat pad in the area of concern.

The face contour especially in young people is mostly determined by facial skeletal contours.

In other words the soft tissue covering over the facial skeleton does not have that much impact on how we look.

I don't think you're going to find any treatment other than something that will make you look different but not better.

I would also like to point out that based on the limited picture you have shown you appear to have a very attractive face and as you mentioned yourself no one else notices any flaws.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Chin issues

You have several options available.  You can fill in the area under to make the "fat pad" less noticeable. Often the area is caused by thickened mouth musculature.  Careful Botox in the area can help to reduce it.  Your best option is to discuss with a board-certified specialist.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD