Chin/jowl Lipo. Swelling gone after two and a half weeks, but no improvement. Any suggestions?

I had chin/jowl Lipo March 7th. I was pretty bruised and swollen. But my swelling now appears to be gone and I look exactly as I did before surgery. I wore the chin strap from the 7th to the 14th, pretty much 24hours a day. Then afterward I wear it at night only because I had to return to work during the day. When I wear it at night I do a teeny bit of massaging as well, but my jowls look exactly the same as before. Will this still improve?

Chin/Jowl Liposuction

Thanks for your inquiry.You are still pretty early in the postoperative period, so I would really give it more time.I would suggest giving it more like 8-12 weeks to get to the point when you will really be able to see your results.Then, the best way to compare is to look at your pre and postoperative photos if possible.It is very difficult to assess your results by simply looking in the mirror because there is nothing to compare it to.I hope this helps.

Healing after Jowl Liposuction

I think it unlikely that you will notice any dramatic improvement.  Liposuction can give you some minor improvement in the jowls, but never dramatic.  Your options at this point would involve either a facelift, a chin implant and/or a pre-jowl implant.  I would need to either see you in-person or evaluate you photographically to give you my best opinion about what would work the best.  

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Needs some time

I understand your concerns.
Two weeks is still early and you will continue to improve over the next few weeks and months.
Hang in there.