Fat coming back after lipo

I did lipo on my I/O/knees and thighs 6 months ago and then flanks/Hips and tummy 3 months ago. I was told 7lbs was taken total but the leaner I am getting on the stomach the bigger my legs are getting. It's like everything is coming back. I am forced to keep a strict diet and exercise a lot but not sure what to do. why is the fat coming back?

Fat coming back after lipo

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Liposuction and Weight Gain

Keep in mind that swelling from liposuction can last for months. With the appropriate diet and exercise you should lose weight after surgery. Liposuction is not a weight loss tool it is a contouring tool, you will have to diet and exercise forever to maintain the results.  I suggest speaking to your physician.    Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - is fat coming back.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You had leg liposuction - that can take a long time for swelling to subside.
  • And then you have abdomen liposuction - and the swelling from that liposuction will move down into your legs.
  • You need to give yourself a full six months from your last liposuction to determine if fat has returned.
  • If you have maintained your pre-liposuction weight, the fat should not return to the treated areas.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Fat coming back after lipo

Fat doesn't come back after lipo... unless the patient gains weight.

It is imperative that patients be just as vigilant with their diet and exercise before surgery as after.

Brent Moelleken, MD

No other option but diet and exercise

Even with removing as much as 7 lbs, there are fat cells that remain after lipo.  These cells can enlarge if you hold onto more calories than you burn.  You have to keep focusing on diet and exercise.

Lawrence Osman, MD