What is the difference between Restylane Lyft and Voluma?

Restylane vs Voluma

Both Voluma and Restylane Lyft are hyaluronic acid fillers that are used to augment the cheeks and volumize the mid face area.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Injectable Fillers

Thank you for your question about the difference between Restylane Lyft and Juvederm Voluma.  

Both are used to volumize the midface.  They can be used to define the cheekbones, and provide lift to the midface which can in turn soften lines of the lower face such as marionette lines. Typical starting amounts of Restylane Lyft and Juvederm Voluma would be one syringe per side. Depending on the amount of volume loss, you may need more. Restylane Lyft typically lasts around 1 year, and Juvederm Voluma can last up to 2 years.   

To be certain you receive appropriate treatment, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.
To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Voluma vs Restylane Lyft

Thank you for your question.  Both are great products to help lift and shape the mid face / cheek region.  I use them both, and more important than which product is the technique in which they are used.  I would recommend that you visit with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who has a high volume injectable practice.  I am a trainer for both Voluma and Restylane Lyft and know first hand that there is a wide range of experience amongst injectors.  Often an experience injector can create a more aesthetic  result using more advanced techniques with less product.

Voluma Lifts, Restylane Lyft Plumps

While both are hyaluronic acid gels, the physical properties of the gels are different.  Voluma is cross-linked in a manner that makes it more cohesive and therefore it has more lift capacity.  Restylane Lyft is Perlane, which fills, but cannot have the same lift effect as Voluma because the gel is less cohesive.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma Vs. Restylane Lyft

Hello.  Both products are thicker Hyaluronic acid based products that are best used in the mid face and in particular the cheeks.

The one glaring difference is price.  In most cases in Los Angeles, Voluma is priced $200 - $300 more per CC than Restylane Lyft (Perlane).  It is sold at a higher price point because it is marketed to last longer.  We do have concerns about the marketed longevity for Voluma because of the way in which the trials were conducted by Allergan.  

When Voluma conducted their trials, the average patients was injected with 6.5 CC's of Voluma.  There are very few patients in our market that ever get this much product because it would cost $4,500 - $6,000.  In addition, only 50% of patients reported seeing trace amounts of product left at 2 years.

In the end, what this means is that to have any chance of achieving a 2 year duration, the patient would have to be injected with 4, 6 or 8 CC's of product.  Given that we know we can achieve 9-12 month duration with Perlane (Lyft), we recommend our patients use Lyft instead of Voluma.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

What is the #difference between #Restylane #Lyft and #Voluma? #Cheek filler

Restylane Lyft is what used to be called Perlane. Both Retylane Lyft and Voluma are hyaluronic acid fillers approved for cheek augmentation. Both can also be reversed with hyaluronidase. Voluma lasts over two years while Restylane Lyft lasts about one year. My preferred product is Voluma but both are safe for cheek augmentation. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lyft Versus Voluma

Both are more robust fillers for the midface/cheeks but I often use elsewhere like temples, chin, folds and for facial sculpting.  Voluma is made of a different technology and acts more like an implant but in some instances they are very similar.  Both are reversible fillers and my opinion once you get to optimal correction, both fillers should last a decent amount of time with only small amounts of touch ups.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane Lyft vs Voluma

Lyft and Voluma are both thicker hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers which are meant for deeper placement and volume restoration.  They are commonly used for cheek augmentation but can be used in many other facial areas.  Voluma has more brand awareness and a wider use.  I like both but actually tend to use more Lyft because it is significantly less expensive for my patients and provides an excellent value with similar results in my hands.  A good injector can give you excellent results with either filler.  Your selection of your injector is far more important than your selection of Voluma vs Lyft. 

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma versus Restylane Lyft

Both of these are hyaluronic acid fillers which can temporarily enhance the cheeks. I tend to use Voluma for this area because it's a softer substance with more longevity. It can last 1.5-2 years, which in my experience is longer than Restylane Lyft.
Hope this helps!

Anthony Youn, MD, FACS
Detroit Plastic Surgeon