Dent between my eyebrows. Botox and fillers have not helped. (photo)

I have this dent on my forehead that started forming 10 years ago. I've gone in for Botox treatments every three months for the past 2 years. I receive 25 units in the corrugators and procerus muscles. One month ago I received .5 cc of Juvederm right in the crease that you see between my eyebrows. It has not helped. Nothing has worked! I've tried creams & micro needing but nothing has made a dent (pun intended) in helping his issue. Any suggestions? It's getting worse & I look angry all the time

Dent Between Brows

A combination of fillers and Botox in this area work great. It is most likely the filler you had previously was not injected correctly. I recommend you see you an expert injector.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox and Filler

Thank you for your question.  Both botox and filler should have worked for you.  Like my colleges have stated it may not be the product but the injector.  I would suggest making an appointment with a different injector.  

Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Treating glabellar lines with Botox and fillers

Honestly, the combination of Botox and fillers should have worked. I suspect in our case it is not the product but the injector. I would see another injector with extensive experience in treating this area. Both, Botox and fillers such as Juvederm are great for treating deep glabellar lines. 

Dent between brows

Can you send a photo with animated movement (look angry or frown). 

I would try once more with a firmer filler like radiesse and dysport at the same time.  If not effective, surgical correction would be your only option. 

Dent

With enough botox and fillers properly placed, you should not still have this problem.  It may be a fault with either the product that was placed or the injection technique

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

Dent Between Eyebrows

Hi H.  This can be remedied with dermal fillers and Botox (Dysport).  If the dermal fillers did not fix the issue then they were not placed correctly.  To see an example of a very deep crease before and after fillers and Dysport, click on the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Using the right combination of Fillers (Juvederm, Belotero) and Botox for forehead lines

Fillers work great in this area and may need a combination with Botox.  I would see an expert in fillers to get the right combination. Best, Dr. Emer

Dent between my eyebrows.

Not sure why it hasn't improved. Combination of botox and filler injected in correct location is almost always effective. Either you need more filler or filler injected in correct place.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dent in glabella

Usually Botox treatments repeated over time will improve this area.  I do use fillers here on occasion as well.  Caution is necessary because this area is considered higher risk for vascular occlusion.  I usually use Belotero here injected very superficially. My patients have been pleased with the improvement.  Make sure that you are seeing an expert.

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Glabella injections

It looks like the filler was not placed correctly and it should work but caution is necessary because this area is very prone to vascular occlusion.  Botox should work and maybe you should get a second opinion. Be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist