This cream claims to have effects close to botox. What have you heard about it?

Boxtlak BL cream with palmitoyl hexapeptide.

Cream replacing Botox

I just attended a lecture where we were updated on all of the neurotoxins (Botox and it's competitors) that are currently FDA approved and those at various stages of development.  There is a "topical Botox" that is being worked on, but is not yet approved.  I would be very careful and skeptical of someone advertising this right now. 

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cream

I have yet to see any cream come close to providing the same effect as Botox

The topical form that is being developed has not yet come to market but it would be interesting to see how it compares directly.  

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

Botox Treatment

Hello and thank you for your question. I believe there is a cream that is going to come on the market that would have similar results as injected Botox has, but it has not been cleared by the FDA. Keep this in mind when using products that you are not sure what they contain. Hope this helps, Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello, and thanks for your question. I do not think that cream will produce the same results as Botox. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and cream form

Botox is a great product and they are indeed working on a topical Botox cream.  It is not FDA approved yet.  Best, Dr. Green

Cream with affects similar to botox?

Peptide technology is the hot subject now in skincare and is being shown capable of stimulating elastin and collagen production in the dermis (I am unfamiliar with the particular product you've mentioned).  This has a very different and weaker effect on fine wrinkles compared to botox but my guess is that that is the basis for the claim.  Nothing works as dramatically and effectively as botulinum injection imo.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Topical cream competes with Botox ? I don't think so

that's quite a claim to make - Botox is extremely effective and reliable - unlikely that an untested and non-FDA approved topical cream has Botox-like effects.

Cream that works like Botox? Unfortunately no.

If and when a topical solution that works as well as Botox is developed, the makers will have no problem marketing it because doctors everywhere will be eager to use it.  Unfortunately, no such cream exists. This cream, like all the other before it, will sell for a while based on hype. Once the poor results are seen by enough people, it will disappear and another cream will take its place. 

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox cream

This is absolutely ridiculous.  If it actually worked as it claims it would be a drug, not a cosmetic and would require FDA approval and a prescription

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Creams don't come close to Botox results

Don't believe the hype. These don't work. Even Revance didn't work and it went through FDA trials. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD