How much would it cost for lipoma on forehead?

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. 

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Lipoma on forehead

Hello angelatoy48,

Thank you for your question.  Costs vary from region to region and depend on the size of lipoma, the complexity of the excision and detail of the repair.  In some instances a lipoma removal can be filed to insurance if it meets certain criteria.  An in office lipoma removal from the forehead done out of pocket can cost anywhere from $ 300 - 700 in many regions.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon to be evaluated so you can find out which category you might fit into.  

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

#Lipoma - cost for lipoma on forehead?

Costs vary widely from region to region, and even within a specific area depending on specifics of the surgery (surgeon, facility fee, etc).

My fee for a small lipoma of the forehead is normally $750-1000, depending exactly on what is involved.  Larger growths, scar tissue, deeper, etc increase the complexity of the procedure and, therefore, some of the costs associated with doing it.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100
@RealSelf

Thank you for your question.  Cost for removal will depend on a number of factors, namely the size and extent of surgery needed to remove the lipoma. If it is on your forehead, it is likely quite small, and can be managed with an in-office procedure. In that case, costs will vary based on geography, but you can anticipate anywhere from 250-750.  Hope this helps.